Best Security System For Under 250?

should I go for this?...the store doesnt have any negative complaints...

?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIPER-791XV-2-WAY-CAR-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Great alarm. have one just like it!

I also remember reading if you want the 1 mile range on your 791 you just need to buy the antenna from the 5900 and install it inplace of the current antenna. Dont know if its true or not tho, just read it a lot.

Just one thing with them that is a downfall.. The remotes are EXPENSIVE if yours ever craps out. So far I mine craped out (after dropping my keys a lot). I found a seller on ebay (a2bdistributing, also a power seller) and it took me over a month to get my remote and countless emails with no respones). After not having my alarm in use I broke down and bought one from best buy for double the price, then 2 weeks later mine I ordered of ebay finally came.

Great alarm. have one just like it!

I also remember reading if you want the 1 mile range on your 791 you just need to buy the antenna from the 5900 and install it inplace of the current antenna. Dont know if its true or not tho, just read it a lot.

Just one thing with them that is a downfall.. The remotes are EXPENSIVE if yours ever craps out. So far I mine craped out (after dropping my keys a lot). I found a seller on ebay (a2bdistributing, also a power seller) and it took me over a month to get my remote and countless emails with no respones). After not having my alarm in use I broke down and bought one from best buy for double the price, then 2 weeks later mine I ordered of ebay finally came.

stuff like that drives me crazy...at least now you have a backup ;) ....and I bought that alarm b/c I didnt want anyone else too, that was the best price I could find.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

i never understood why people will spend 1k or more on audio then expect to pay as little as possible to protect it.

totally agree

also if your mom said shell buy you one ask if you can thorw in some dough to get a nicer one. try to get the 5900 or the new Auto Command 20095 a lot of nice features.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Excalibur AL2000E.

Not sure on price but my friend has the second lower version without the remote start and it has 2-way communication.

It goes off when his alarm goes off. Really nice to have.

Just make sure you remember to arm it. He didn't and his 4 subs got stolen that night.

They took the subs and the fiberglass boxes, we found the boxes later in a field by his house.

All they wanted were the subs.

Left everything else.

HU, capacitor's, custom center console.

Rookies apparently.

The amps were taken out that night to be fitted for an amp rack.

Archived