Second Skin Audio

finding the impedance of a sub

does any one know how to find the impedance of a sub? my girl is giving me a old mtx sub that she found in her house from the people that used to live her. i think it works but when i looked it up online to find the rms and stuff it says for a 8 ohm and a 4 ohm sub. this one doesnt say any thing on the sub itself. so how do i do it?

Use a DMM and check the coils.

would i hook it up to a amp and hook it to a dmm or just a speaker wire going to a radio? the only amp i have access to right now is a 2000rms and this sub is only 200 rms :( i wish it was more but i cant complain it is free.

would i hook it up to a amp and hook it to a dmm or just a speaker wire going to a radio? the only amp i have access to right now is a 2000rms and this sub is only 200 rms :( i wish it was more but i cant complain it is free.

No, put the meter on OHMs and hook the positive and negative probes straight to the terminals of the sub and it will tell you the ohm of the coils

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

No, put the meter on OHMs and hook the positive and negative probes straight to the terminals of the sub and it will tell you the ohm of the coils

ok got ya. when i go out for a cig ill check it i think i have my dmm in my truck. lets just hope the battery isnt dead it has had the same battery for like 2 years but i never use it

it has been in my truck since i got it so prolly like 3 years honestly. lol. not is only i can escape for 3 mins from my girls daughter so i can smoke and check this

well the batterys may last years with out use but they dont last long when the thing is left on in the pocket on the back of the seat. lol. i think my step dad has one at his house.