Sundown Audio

possible amp issue?

voxigenboy

I had a Kicker DX500.1 (500w RMS) & 2 12" Kicker Comp's. It was.nice but I wantedan upgrade. I ended up replacing the 2 Comp's with a pair of CompVR's. I then noticed that there didnt' seem to be much difference with those compared to the old Comp's no matter how i adjusted the amp

I figured that I needed a more powerful amp so I ended up replacing the DX with a Rockford Fosgate Punch 801S. This amp is supposed to do 800w RMS as opposed to the DX' 500w RMS. Anyway, now the subs arent even hitting as hard as they did with the Kicker DX. I dont understand whats going on.

well, i checked out the wiring diagrams in the manual for the compvr's and tried going both 'parallel' and 'series' based. neither way seemed to xhange things much. i still have my dx500.1 so wondering if i should just use the dx for 1 sub & the rf for the other.

well, i checked out the wiring diagrams in the manual for the compvr's and tried going both 'parallel' and 'series' based. neither way seemed to xhange things much. i still have my dx500.1 so wondering if i should just use the dx for 1 sub & the rf for the other.

No. God no.

Are your subs dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm?

How are you setting your gain?

Is it set to HP, AP, or LP?

Edited by LZTYBRN

No. God no.

Are your subs dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm?

How are you setting your gain?

Is it set to HP, AP, or LP?

specifications say dual 2 or 4. amp is set to LP.

oh and gain is currently turned all the way up for both channels... and come to think of it, i didnt notice much of a difference when i tried adjusting them. hmmm

Edited by voxigenboy