th_IMAG0075.jpg?t=1328484263

Well i went to drop some stuff off at my goodwill and i saw this sweet ass 60in sony sitting there for 90$ and it said it needed a new lamp soon, well ive done a couple lamps in my other sonys and it was around 100$ bucks. So of course i wrapped her up and took her home and checked her out. Well if anyone knows this is the KDS-60a2000 and they have an extreme failure rate for optical drives, and it tuned out this was the problem on this one. So i thought right away to return it since the warranty was up since june 2010. But then i was reading on line and it was saying that sony was offering 46in lcd as a consultation to those who owned these tvs instead of fixing them. Well im gonna give sony a call tomorrow and see if thats still going on. Hopefully it is and i can get a brand new 46in lcd for basicly 90$ or i will simply return the tv

Well i got my offers and the cheapest was a 55in for 500$ with free shipping and i get to keep the 60in. Also i am going to call them tomorrow because they can work out a deal for a smaller tv for a cheaper price. However my other dlp is dieing and might just snag the 55 for less then half price

I like how I read a lot about fancy tvs having a short life but my shitty 13 inch tv from 10+ years ago still works perfect.

My parents had some old tube style Sony's for almost 20 years before they kicked the final bucket. You just have to get a quality TV. I've had my LG for 2 years now with no problems, but my wife's Sylvania is only 1 year old and I can tell the lamps need to be replaced soon or the TV does :shrug: