late 90s blazers. ups n downs....

Okay guys so I have a chance to buy a late 90s blazer 4 door 4wd for a screaming deal. What's the ups n downs of this truck? It's only got 70k on it. Automatic. Gold with black interior IIRC. I wanna know max dimensions. If my 18 will fit in the cargo area or not. I'm afraid its less volume in the back then my explorer. But it's definitely worth it.

Im looking for electrical issues, mechanical issues, cargo dimensions. Will my two 6500s fit somewhere? I appreciate all the help, as I won't have a chance til later this week to look at or drive the vehicle. It's definitely a cherry though

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

ill coment on mechanical isssues lol

most common things and parts ive replaced on my jimmy where.....gas pump(month after i bought it 106k) wheel bearings(i bet the 24s had something to do with that) and intake gasket(recently at 131k)

those are the only things that are alittle expensive to fix and really common but usually with higher milage

another draw back was gas milage, they suck atleast mine did i get around 15-17mpg, less than 15 with 24s, high way milage is pretty good tho

Edited by BeatBox

I get 17 with my explorer now. So gas is no biggie. I can pick it up for $500 from my moms friend. Shit was clean last time I saw it. She thinks it may have tranny issues. But is that common? I figure a 50 year old business lady prolly doesn't have a clue about the mechanics of a car, no offense to her, she's a great lady.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

never had problems with mine, only with the 4wd would engage for some reason....turned out it was just a loose vacuume hose. another thing i noticed because of the 24s again, when it shifts from 1st to 2nd its not as smooth as it should be, it drives great other wise

ya i dont plan on big wheels right now. but good to know, i was hoping you would chime in on this thread beatbox. i know youve prolly put your blazer thru some hell lol

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

whats max width if you guys know? ive got 41" wide and 20" tall til i pass the back seats, 18" to stay below windown line and depth is 30" from back of seats to gate.

just trying to make a plan for a new box. the only downside is that ive deadened the shit out of my explorer as well as window tint. so all that has to be redone..... as long as it has 15s stock my new tires will swap over.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log