good HID brand recommendations? Update: Burban HIDS EXPLODED!!!!!! pics pg;5-6

Im waiting on my order from DDM as we speak, but for the price they seem great. I know for a company I WON'T recommend FutureVision is at the top of the list.

Sweet! I guess I'm going with DDM! Haha and how come no future vision??

The kit from FV was well over $300 with shipping and the harness when I got it. A year and a half later one side won't start up so I contact them via email and they tell me it sounded like the relay housing was bad. So I ordered a new one, 2 weeks and $25 later....same problem. So I call them and they say it must be the bulb itself so I need to replace it. Then I'm told I need to buy a pair and the adapters because the bulbs I have are their older style. So they offered me 15% off the bulbs. So for another $200 I could get my 1-1/2yr old set working again.

So instead I ordered a complete new set from DDM for $50. I also ordered a kit for my fogs, two kits for my gfs truck, a pair of switchback LEDs, and a few other random LED bulbs for my other car. Grand total with shipping: $232. FV can go fist themselves.

Well I paid $90 for them. Is that not a decent price?? Is that cheap for HID??

I paid $90 installed here from a guy off Craigslist. I know most would have their problems with it but he was using HID Systems as the brand job was clean and everything hidden. I have had them for about 2 years now and no issues or complaints what so ever I want to get some fogs so I can get those done as well.

Soooo good price?? Haha

:lol: IMHO yes under $100 for H.I.D.'s with enough good reviews I would say is a good price.

Sweet! First I got positive reviews and now that I ordered them I'm getting bad ones...what do u think bout DDM??

I have never used them but this is not the first time hearing the name but as Kranny said every body has complaints with a company can't please everyone :shrug: Gotta take the good with the bad but considering more people from the SMD family have had good experiences I would go for it. My gripe with H.I.D.'s is you never know what you're getting into with something like this, that's what made me buy local this way I could go back and whoop some ass if need be. :aggressive:

Hahahah yeah man. I just really hope everything works out well! What brand r urs?

H.I.D. Systems

o sweet man. i didnt know that was a brand haha. and what do you think of them?? cuz im going to be getting HID's for the burban and maybe try a diff brands. what should i get??

I love them but if you have a good experience with them get another pair and call it a day but let me know I am in the market for a few soon.

sounds like a plan. will do good sir! and also for my burban it seems like im going to have to get 2 pairs? for lows and highs? suck....double the money.. i also wanna know what you guys think i should do with my burban headlights? should i keep the mean mad look headlights? or get new projector halo headlights??

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

Im waiting on my order from DDM as we speak, but for the price they seem great. I know for a company I WON'T recommend FutureVision is at the top of the list.

The kit from FV was well over $300 with shipping and the harness when I got it. A year and a half later one side won't start up so I contact them via email and they tell me it sounded like the relay housing was bad. So I ordered a new one, 2 weeks and $25 later....same problem. So I call them and they say it must be the bulb itself so I need to replace it. Then I'm told I need to buy a pair and the adapters because the bulbs I have are their older style. So they offered me 15% off the bulbs. So for another $200 I could get my 1-1/2yr old set working again.

So instead I ordered a complete new set from DDM for $50. I also ordered a kit for my fogs, two kits for my gfs truck, a pair of switchback LEDs, and a few other random LED bulbs for my other car. Grand total with shipping: $232. FV can go fist themselves.

wow man..that sucks..it seems like there are a lot of problems with HID's? is it the brands? or just that they havnt been perfected yet?? and nice deal you got from DDM there! wow! and do you know how long they usually take to ship??

Current Builds:
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

[/color]

Just don't be one of those ass holes who run HIDs in stock reflective headlights

Wait what what?

stock headlights usually arent design for HIDs and when you put HIDs in them yo will blind and piss off people

Enless they are properly aimed... Still alittle scattered light but it works for us poor folk

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Just don't be one of those ass holes who run HIDs in stock reflective headlights

Wait what what?

stock headlights usually arent design for HIDs and when you put HIDs in them yo will blind and piss off people

shiizzzz! for real cereal!?!? crap! so im guessing its ideal for me to get new projector headlights?? what if they dont make any for my car??

Current Builds:
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

[/color]

Wait what what?

Enless they are properly aimed... Still alittle scattered light but it works for us poor folk

ight!! that sounds better! haha

Current Builds:
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

[/color]

Projectors on the Burban, I have HID's on my Tahoe and it is unbearable to drive in front of me. My truck sits higher than my Civic and they beam right into the car same thing on my friends 05 Expedition any low sitting car can't drive in front of him and he has HIDS in his high, lows and fogs. With projectors you can aim them down more so they are not as harsh. Also I would suggest against high beam hids because they are useless. Your high beam is meant for instantaneous quick hits and HIDS need to warm up so trying to high beam somebody would be more difficult to do and pointless because the only way they are worth it is if you drive with them on already.

P.S. I want to watch Scooter finish his then I will be doing double projectors and halo's on my Civic with a few other goodies and halo's and projectors on my Tahoe as well.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Projectors on the Burban, I have HID's on my Tahoe and it is unbearable to drive in front of me. My truck sits higher than my Civic and they beam right into the car same thing on my friends 05 Expedition any low sitting car can't drive in front of him and he has HIDS in his high, lows and fogs. With projectors you can aim them down more so they are not as harsh. Also I would suggest against high beam hids because they are useless. Your high beam is meant for instantaneous quick hits and HIDS need to warm up so trying to high beam somebody would be more difficult to do and pointless because the only way they are worth it is if you drive with them on already.

P.S. I want to watch Scooter finish his then I will be doing double projectors and halo's on my Civic with a few other goodies and halo's and projectors on my Tahoe as well.

yeah i know what u mean. thats happened to me a few times. it is unbearable! ok sooo....what do u recommend i get first then?? projector halo's? or the HIDs? and r u buying urs? or custom making them? scooters making his?

Current Builds:
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

[/color]

wow man..that sucks..it seems like there are a lot of problems with HID's? is it the brands? or just that they havnt been perfected yet?? and nice deal you got from DDM there! wow! and do you know how long they usually take to ship??

I think it's a combination of poor installs and cheap components to keep prices low. I looked into DDM after my coworker told me about their prices and lifetime warranty and that he'd been using them for a few years on various cars without any issues. Their base prices for the basic kit with standard size ballasts and 35w bulbs is $30. Another nice thing is if you call for customer service you speak to a real live person in Cali. So even if I need to buy a new set every year, I'd still be saving money over going with FV again lol.

Shipping is about a week and a half, they're sent from China because of some new laws regarding HIDs that Cali has. Idk the specifics

Archived