Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Questions

I'm doing a bit of research to upgrade my system. I was looking into getting one FI Q 18, but I've never heard it and i'm afraid that it might not be what i'm looking for. I had 2 kicker L5 15s tuned to 42hz. they were loud but they were a bit sloppy and didn't hit the lows the way I wanted. I'm currently still considering 2 Obsidian 15s tuned to 32hz or 3 MTX TR5515s in a sealed enclosure. The Q is still an option. I'm looking for a setup that is going to at least be as loud at the L5s but more musical and killer on the lows. I have a budget of $850 for box, subs, and amp. Also I was looking into a $200 Hifonics amp because its in my budget and meets my needs. I am opened to any suggestions on any equipment.

Thanks

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

FI Q is the musicaly sub from FI Audio and i guess him to you in case of quality -and resalevalue.

For your amp idea i would say no no. If you havent a bigger budget than 2-300 $ you better buy a old RF Power 10001 or 1501 BD,

no matter if them 10 year´s old. The Hifonics and other amp´s in this pricerange are not able to give you a sound of a well builded

much better selected powerhouse. A old RF or other quality old amp would give more on the point, punchier and truer soundcolour.

PS. If you want to buy new, look for offers and the Crecsendo BC 2 K is for 329,99 a nice option.

If you not sure have a look in the Skar section, there are 2 threads ones offers a complete box with 2 Subs, for 0,01 $ more

than the MRSP for the subs only. Iin the other thread they offer sub + amp combos an.

Maby they give you a deal for sub´s+box+amp. The Skar´s are known to be the musicaly in there pricerange

Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

What hifonics amp are you talking about? Its extremely difficult to tell you which option will be better though

The amp i'm looking at is the BRZ1700 and the HFI2000

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

What hifonics amp are you talking about? Its extremely difficult to tell you which option will be better though

The amp i'm looking at is the BRZ1700 and the HFI2000

Ya if you go with hifonics then go with the brz line. They are really good for the price and do rated with proper electrical. I have the brz1200 and I like it. Never had problems and doesn't get hot at all. I have it at 1ohm to my vvx15 and it hits pretty dam good. Brz ftw if you're on a tight budget like myself.

Personal experience with the 18" Q and love it. It'll get damn low. Also how low it gets depends alot on the box. 2 15" does have more cone area though

How loud does the Q get compared to the L5s?

Personal experience with the 18" Q and love it. It'll get damn low. Also how low it gets depends alot on the box. 2 15" does have more cone area though

Appeles with oranges, the FI sub have the highest quality, the Obsidans and MTX are more in the range of the Kicker´s.

The Kicker´s are not realy comparable. By the way we don´t know the size of the Kickers, they have diffrent specs from size to size.

The RMS watt´s of the Kicker´s are between 450-750 watt´s, they all have a bad dB/watt ratio the 15 87.8.

The Q is 1500 watt and dB7watt ratio 92, that´s much better and the Q is build to sound good and loud.

The

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Appeles with oranges, the FI sub have the highest quality, the Obsidans and MTX are more in the range of the Kicker´s.

The Kicker´s are not realy comparable. By the way we don´t know the size of the Kickers, they have diffrent specs from size to size.

The RMS watt´s of the Kicker´s are between 450-750 watt´s, they all have a bad dB/watt ratio the 15 87.8.

The Q is 1500 watt and dB7watt ratio 92, that´s much better and the Q is build to sound good and loud.

The

The Kickers are 15s