XS Power

Cycle the battery a few times and it may be fine. Charge the battery fully and then put a draw on the battery to bring the voltage back down. Do this cycle about 5-6 times and then fully charge the battery. After it is fully charged the final time let it sit about 24 hours and it should be in the the 12.9-13.2V range.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Nathan, that´s how the batteries are supposed to be "trained" when they are brand new, right?? asking you this because i´m about to buy a few brand new XS power batts around here...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Nathan, that´s how the batteries are supposed to be "trained" when they are brand new, right?? asking you this because i´m about to buy a few brand new XS power batts around here...

Not really needed on new batteries, but new batteries will provide better performance once they have been cycled a few times.

battery is currently sitting at 12.9volts.

When cycling the battery, how low should I bring the voltage? and what kinda of load should I put on the battery?

Low 12V range to mid 11V range will be fine. If you have a load tester or have one available that will be the easiest way to apply the load. If not anything that will pull the voltage down would work. Hook it up in your vehcile and pull it down if you have no other options.

with the 1000watt inverter running a single 500watt halogen globe, putting about a 50amp load on the battery, it lasted a full 30 minutes till the battery dropped to 11volts (and the inverter complained about low voltage) So I shut it off.

this doesn't really seem very good to me?

so, now after being "flattened" for 30 minutes, the battery voltage (after being left for 10 minutes) has come back up to 12.3 without a load, so I'll chuck it back on the charger.

Edited by AmmoJammo

Post up a picture of the battery if you can and get a side shot of the serial number, so I can look up the production date.

If the battery sit for a long time and wasn't charged then it probably has some sulfation build up. This could be why you are seeing 1215 CA, because when the sulfation builds up on the plates it pretty much stops that part of the plate from producing power. The only way to try to break up the sulfation is to cycle it a few times and then there is still no promise it will bring it back to 100%.