XS Power

So, I live in Australia, was unaware there was even an Australian distributor for XS Power, till exchanging emails with Nathan.

I fairly happily placed my order yesterday for a D3100, it arrived today.

I was a bit worried when the invoice stated "CA: 1000A, Pulse Amps: 2000A" suggesting an old, lower spec, PowerMaster labelled battery.

To my delight, as I opened the box, I was greeted with “1360ca” and “5000amp max” printed on the label.

However, my delight soon vanished as the battery is currently sitting at about 11.3volts, which means its most likely stuffed.

Not having a go at XS Power at all, its most likely old stock thats been sitting at the distributor in Australia for 2 years....

Is it possible this battery can be restored to its former, and full, glory? Or it is basically just scrap lead?

Thanks.

its not dead. it can be brought back. talk to nathan about the proper method he recommends.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

its not dead. it can be brought back. talk to nathan about the proper method he recommends.

but even Nathan says:

Any time you store a sealed AGM battery below 12.6V you can cause damage to the battery. When the battery is stored below 12.6V you can get sulfation that builds up on the led plates in the battery, which in turn takes surface area away from the battery's ability to produce power. This sulfation can also cause the battery to short out internally.

I didn't buy a brand new battery expecting to have to "bring it back" just so it works ok.

I doubt it'll ever be the way it should be,

Damn that's low, did you try throwing it on a charger?

haven't touched it yet because its so stupidly low, I don't want to mess around with it when the distributor should just replace it, and measure the voltage of the next one before he sends it! I've emailed him, will see what he says.

if it can be "brought back" I'd consider it, but I'm rather reluctant at this stage.

if it was a battery that I'd over discharged, then for sure I'd do it! but brand new out of the box?

How long does a brand new XS D3100 have to be left sitting for to drop that low?

Edited by AmmoJammo

Why not bring this up with the distributor you bought it from.

I did, I just wanted peoples opinions as to whether this is an acceptable battery voltage, and if it can be revived or not...

I pointed out the issues with the battery, and the seller simply said:

"Please return for refund if you are unhappy with product"

its not a matter of whether or not I'm happy with it... its stuffed.

i still don´t get it, maybe the battery had a long time on the storage and it was discharging every month a little bit, my kinetik hc2400 came around 11.9v , i just charged it and installed it, been abusing from it for almost 2 years without a single problem, i don´t see why you think it´s gonna fail in about 6 months, besides that, you really think that even discharging completly an xs power battery one time, it´s gonna blown or something? i don´t get it...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/