Second Skin Audio

5.9cubic ft enough for BTL18?

Waldo129

Well im currently in the process of building a box for my BTL 18. This is what ive come up with for a design...

Waldo129sBox.png

As you can see ill be using 2 aero ports and the external port lenght would be 12 inches, meaning the ports will be sticking outside the box 12 inches... Which I just figured out will NOT work, being that it will hit the roof of my car... So I simply changed the value of external port lenght to 0 meaning all my port would be in the box. Here is what I came up with...

watttttt.jpg

I had 32hz at 6.33 cubic feet and now with the ports being inside it changed it to 33hz at 5.92 cubic feet. I'm sure the tuning wouldnt be much of a audible difference, im sure it will still slam the lows, but the problem is the cubic feet required. I know it would be bare minumum if not lower. My question is that does anyone think it will sound like shit because of the small changes? Ive been working on the box for 3 days and I just don't want to get it finished and then figuing out I just wasted my time. If anyone could help me that would be awesome! Thanks and check out my build, links in my signature.

02 Civic Si

Stock Alt

Kicker 0 gauge wire

Shuriken SK-BT80 Battery

JL Audio J2 320.4

Planet Audio BB 2400.1

Fi BTL 18 ufo motor

My 02 Si Build! http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Yeah ill let them stick out as much as I can. But it turns out to be around 6 cubes is that fine?

02 Civic Si

Stock Alt

Kicker 0 gauge wire

Shuriken SK-BT80 Battery

JL Audio J2 320.4

Planet Audio BB 2400.1

Fi BTL 18 ufo motor

My 02 Si Build! http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Archived