How To Compete In Meca

Next Saturday there will be a meca competiton in Roanoke and my friend wanted me to go with him. He will be using my btl 18 because my car will be in the body shop. So i let him borrow it. Anyway, it will be pushed by a power acoustik sl3400d and a xstatic 800. Now i know in MECA, there are rules that deal with fuses. Has anybody had experience with MECA, and can they tell me what we will need to compete fuse wise..thanks

Edited by pink_floyd

Lets Go Ski

yea...there are fuse rules....you can go over to mecacaraudio.com so see all of them....if he hasnt competed before and this is his first time/year then he can run in amature street class (once you move out of amature class then you are out for good....and can only be in amature classes your first year)...or he can just go straight to a street class depending on his vehicle/how his enclosure is. if its in a suv and below the window line or in a trunk with no rear deck or back seat modifications then he should be able to run street....

go over to the meca site and look at their pressure class rating (i would but i cant download pdf's on this comp....teh gey). i know for S1 its 0-750 iirc. the figure your class based on your cone area and the amount of fusing before the amp. pressure class = total cone area + (10 * amount of fusing)

so for instance i have two tens or 157" of cone area....and i wanna stay in S1...so i am litited to a total number of 750....750-157=593.....593/10=59.3amps....that is the total amount of fusing i would be allowed...

i think S2 goes up to 1200 iirc...so if he wanted to run in S2 (and everything else was legal) then he would have a cone area of 254.34....1200-254.34=945.66.....945.66/10=94.566amp...that would be the total amount of fusing he would be allowed in S2 (if it goes up to 1200)

you have to have some type of fusing setup within 18" of the amp. AS classes must have the car turned off and i cant remember if there are battery limits in that class....S classes can have the car running buy may not exceed 2000rpms and there is not battery limit (so you can have 10batts if your heart so desires....which would be dumb in S1)

hope that helps some....take a look at the meca site and let me know if you have anymore questions

i likes me some audio stuff...

yea, he wont be able to compete becasue u have to have back seats and its in a 1995 Mercury Villager that hasnt had back seats since well, 1995..lol...

And you have to be able to see out the back glass, and he hasa mini wall...maybe in january well be able to do a run..

Lets Go Ski

yea...sounds like he may be able to run in the modified class. as long at the battery is a 12volt then he should be fine....go over to mecacaraudio.com and post something on their forum about it...they should be able to tell you for certain.

i likes me some audio stuff...