Second Skin Audio

What did i do to my subs?

i just want to throw this out there...

Running amps down to 1ohm is a fairly "new" thing to do... It generates a crazy amount of heat and demands way more from your electrical as apposed to running at say, 4 ohms...

Running at .5ohms is something that has become more acceptable by the newcomers because they see other (more experienced) people doing it.

What most of the new guys dont realize is that running at .5ohms requires a crazy amount of amperage, and generates a crazy amount of heat.

About 2 years ago .5ohms was acceptable only for spl burps... now people think its normal to run that low..

The people who run multiple large amps at low ohm loads have more than 2 alts, and anywhere from 8-20 large batteries...

Running two 3000w amps at half an ohm each off stock electrical is a TERRIBLE idea....

Your voltage drop has to be crazy, and i guarantee you your system/car is drawing waaaay more amps than your alternator is producing.

Wire your ohm load up until you get batteries and an alt...

and if your not going to do that, turn your gains down... like waaaaay down.

Im running two saz1500's with a stock 140amp alt, and two xs power 2700's.. and i still get voltage drop...

I cant immagine running twice the power with stock electrical..

I know you said its like a sport to you, but if your not more careful it will turn into a VERY expensive and frustrating sport.

Not having the electrical to back up your amps WILL kill your amps, and you dont want that to happen.

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

DD1 is nearly a required tool at this stage of the game...

why not just lower the gain..raise ohm load on the amps or go to a single amp at 1ohm...those would be the first things i would do

to be honest your taking advice on how to protect your investment as rude...really?...why even ask for help if you wont take the advice of these veteran installers...

i dont plan on having half the money invested in amps/subs as yours are worth and I will for sure invest in a DD1...to make sure my measily system is protected

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

I still need to buy a DD-1. anyone near the KOI area?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

smells like clipping and blown amps soon?

The bass boost isn't up is it? You really need to turn the gains down and get more electrical. On my atomic 3k I bearly have to turn the gain up using 0db tones on my DD-1.