Second Skin Audio

Blow Through Advice.

Nine8SST

Ok...Birch is only a few bucks more a sheet here anyway...so that's what I'll do.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

No problem LOL...you know I don't give a shit.

Lol I definitely give a shit, I'm interested to see where your build heads. Been watching it every post, with your woodworking skills it should come out super nice!

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in for this as well. I'm still contemplating a blow through on my truck. At first I was like, "I can't cause I need the bed space, but if I need to use the bed, i can always remove the box and cover up the hole. I'm thinking of developing some kind of a slide wall action, manual not automatic, kind of like a dog or cat door. Anyway, mine is not my daily driver but I'd drive it more often if I could pound down the street. I'm looking at 4 level 4 12's right now. Tonneau covers are gonna be a bitch for mine though cause I have an 8' bed. Even thought about taking the time to make my own fiberglass one. Can't be that hard right :peepwall:

My question for you experts, and Sanitarium kind of covered it a little already, is this. If you do a front flat faced box, port in the center, you seal it off to the cabin, but you're subs still sit back a few inches, is that still gonna act as a 4th order or just a straight ported enclosure. I mean thinking about it, You have a couple inches between the bed rail and the bed wall, plus what 3 - 4 inches between the bed and the cabin, that's like 5 - 6" of "tunnel" for lack of a better term. However, if that cut through is as big as the subs, are wide and tall, would that make a difference? Just trying to understand!

Also on weathering, Nine8SST, my suggestion is this if you're really worried about it. Use birch to build, then resin it inside and out, prime it on the outside, and then Line X it for good measure! Between that and a cover, I doubt you'll ever have any weathering issues. Hell you might be able to just leave it in a rain storm and it be ok! Don't do that, but you know what I mean.

Ok, thanks guys! I'm following this for sure!

my build log is on here somewhere my box is also mdf but i sealed all edges with woodfiller primed and painted the box had no problems out of it i just put a soft bed cover and it seems to always be dry on the inside.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/131796-91-chevy-with-blowthrough/page__fromsearch__1 its not much but it will get real low and loud

Archived