Second Skin Audio

Blow Through Advice.

Nine8SST

I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna do a blow-through in my truck, seems like the best way to get loud. I have done some research, but still have questions. What "type" of box will be loudest for 2 Level 3's? Is an accordion seal mandatory for flex, or do people just use that if they don't have a welder. I'm still going to do a bunch of research before I take this on, but if anyone has any advice or tips, I'm all ears.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

I'm just thinking, hell if your gonna do a blow-thru, might as well do it for more than 2 subs, right? Why not four (4) level 3's?

You said you wanted to get loud, right? I mean you can get loud with two, or you can get really loud with four...

If I were gonna go all out and cut my truck, I'd just go all out and do multiple subs.

But that's just my .02

Tuned in for results either way..... and good luck man!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

I'm just thinking, hell if your gonna do a blow-thru, might as well do it for more than 2 subs, right? Why not four (4) level 3's?

Cash flow.....

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

The way I understand the accordion boot it to make a seal from the cab to the bed. The cab and bed flex differently when driving, so welding them together to make a seal would probably not be a good idea.

I don't have much experience though, just done some research. Hopefully somebody that knows will chime in!

2008 Toyota Corolla

-Skar VVX 12 D4 (2)-Skar SK1500.1-Pioneer DEH-80prs

From what I've read, the accordion seal is mandatory for flex and for proper weather sealing. Can't tell you much about what type of box to go with, but I think the common consensus would be a 4th order.

I've been ninja'd....

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Cash flow.....

Bro trust me, I feel you more than anyone on the cash flow thing.

That's why it takes me so long to get anything done, I gotta save for months to get just about anything.

And when raising a teenager it takes even longer. Trust me, I feel ya!

But when you get done, after all that work, if there is a chance you will wish you would have went bigger, than I'd go ahead and save and do it at first.

It may take you a little longer, but will be worth it in the long run.

Again, just my .02

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

I think you may be right, I have looked at every blow through I can find on the site and I see the accordion being used in every one of them.....but the boxes vary by alot.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Pretty simple. Your cabin is mounted on rubber. Your bed is mounted directly to the frame. they move independent of each other.

Box type depends on how many subs you use. For just 2, i'd do a flat face box, as close to the cabin as possible. Think "trunk car sealed to the cabin" .. only it's a truck.

If more subs then you can fit on a flat plane, you have to ask yourself, do you want to get low, or do you want to get LOUD.

It's ~virtually~ impossible to tune a ported or 6th order tunnel style blowthrough box high. The longer the box, the lower it's gonna want to get.

So the answer? 4th order.

If you insist on a rear ported type enclosure, have a look at Ray's silverado. Note how the rear port is a LOT smaller then you would expect AND it's decoupled from the top and bottom walls. The coupling to the top and bottom walls back in the back of a tunnel style box artificially extends the port - see port correction for slot ported boxes. You shrink the box to prevent cross talk between the chambers in the series tuned situation.

More on that if you decide to go that route.

Come up with what you want and i'll help ya out figuring out a good box style. And feel free to ask as many questions as you need to.

Awesome...thanks a lot Sani.....I wouldn't even be considering this if I didn't have you guys to turn to for advice. I would actually prefer a front facing box, with subs right behind the seats. i could care less about numbers, I don't compete. I want both loud and low....or as close to a happy medium as I can get and rattle my nuts on music. I'm gonna be running a pair of DC Level 3 12's off a SAZ1500D....."IF" I decide to go bigger in the future I will cross that bridge when I get there....the biggest hurdle for me was deciding to cut my truck, and since I never plan to get rid of it I figured what the fuck, but I don't see myself moving up to 4 subs for at least a year or two. Or at least until I have enough saved for more subs, another amp, batts, alt.....ya know, everything to do it right.

Ray's silverado? Are you talking about the truck with the RE Audio Subs, where he made 1/4" trim panels then bed lined it, or a different truck?

Thanks again bro....I definitely appreciate your advice!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Sani....I just looked at the build in your sig....and your box is pretty much what I'm picturing in my mind. What I have to work with is 48" wide x 16" tall x pretty much and length it needs....so, plenty of room. I'm assuming Birch is the way to go? Seems like even if I seal the shit out of it MDF may pose an issue with moisture......especially in Washington?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Archived