time to beef up the electrical

Well ladies, its time to add some more batteries. I'm plan on going from 1 AT3000.1, to two icon_smile.gif

Current electrical is a 230 amp alt, stinger SPP1200 under the hood, and an HC2000 in the trunk with 4 runs of 0ga icon_smile.gif

Full tilt daily I might see 14v flat as long as I keep it revved lol. Lowest I saw it drop while metering, was 13.5 but I let of the gas... But it seemed to stay at 13.8 or higher after a long burp staying revved.

So I have options for batteries mainly, just adding a second to the rear. I'm considering a D3100 since its about the biggest I can get (max cubic inches is 800 per batt in usaci) and is extremely powerful. I was considering a SK-BT140, but it comes out to 1000cubic inches.

So two questions, could I get away with just adding a D3100?

Or is there a better battery under 800 cubic inches. I'd rather not get rid of the kinetik yet.

I do not plan on going full tilt daily as my 12s on the single 3k are pretty loud full tilt icon_smile.gif

also I will be running the amps @1ohm each. Might try to trade for a saz4500, not looking good though.

I've heard great things about the D3100, sounds like thats what I would do lol.

Edited by Ram1989custom

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

i vote 3100 i have 4 of them they are beast batteries im running just a MD3D amp to my subs and heavnt dropped below 14v full tilt i cant say much about high power yet as im waiting for my 12K to come but right now im loving them...

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

I might get the shurkien since its a bigger and say fawk the rules, but I wanna match batteries if I win the IA contest

Well I have a dc 270, optima red top(60bux) infront, and 2 deka agm g31s in back(100 each), single 3k(same as yours), single run of cheap 0g, at 0.5 full tilt daily without dropping 14vs ! Had that for like 2 months+ then had 2 strapped dropping to 13.5(not full tilt) . Sold amps, and getting a 4500.