Heat gun and patience. its doable, but barely. much more depth on the curve in the center with the two legs and there just wouldt have been enough material left to stretch. the console is by far the most difficult. its just the overall size that makes it hard as hell to hold it, the heat gun and still stretch the material. I will be recruiting a helper on my next try on it when my order comes in and probly figure out a way to clamp the piece down so it dont have to be held.

the vinyl is called Scotchprint 1080 from 3M and they have many different colors and patterns. They will send you a sample pack if you go on their website and fill out the form.

It is easy if your piece is flat or curves one way only. If it curves in two directions then you get into some problems real quick. At $5 a square foot its a little expensive to learn with.

hmmm u say we can request a sample but it asks for like company names and stuff.. how u do it?

edit: i got it to work i put my info as a installer lol

"Damned if i do, damned if i don't..."Sold to: RodeoSport, deeppinkdiver, kevosinn, CortezDTV

Bought from: SlamminBeats, Carboardcat15

Its been a few months since i ordered my samples. I think i just entered the name of the company i actually work for. Probably looks funny that someone from a grocery distributor was interested but hell it didnt say you can only order samples if you own a company it just asks for one. I didnt lie about anything on it but I guess you could if you have too.

If you dont want to do that then try calling 3M and request them that way. Im pretty sure they would have no problem sending it to an indiviual thats intested in their products.

the samples they send are about a 4" x 6" i think and is just really nice to have around if you need to match stuff up before you order.

Websites that sell the vinyl charge for samples BTW.

Also I have a friend that orders parts for the company I work for and we do have a huge fleet of trucks with vinyl wrap all down the sides, so im thinking i might ask him to order the Sample kit of every vinyl product they have which If i read correctly is like an acutal binder or something. I dont want really want to bother him with it since he is always helping me with something but I would like to have the entire sample pack. I have just the Scotch print pack as of now. Minus the new black metallic brushed film that just came out.

oh i see yeah i figured the company i worked for would have to be required with using the product but yeah i lied just a bit :D lol thanks and great build u got going

"Damned if i do, damned if i don't..."Sold to: RodeoSport, deeppinkdiver, kevosinn, CortezDTV

Bought from: SlamminBeats, Carboardcat15

Thanks. When you get your samples, Cut some off of the crazier colors and do some tests with it. This material is crazy and will do stuff that looks impossible at first just make sure that when you are stretching it that it has some amount of heat on it... but not too much. Its kinda like the goldielox zone which you will figure out.

Oh and one more thing. Im not a fan of carbon fiber really but the white carbon fiber is awesome looking in person....just dont know of anything I would use it on.

Finally I pulled it off!

6816948930_5abf9e537a.jpg

IMG_1490 by rogueauto, on Flickr

6963069803_6da87037a4.jpg

IMG_1491 by rogueauto, on Flickr

6816949384_869595a374.jpg

IMG_1495 by rogueauto, on Flickr

6816949598_a507dcac95.jpg

IMG_1501 by rogueauto, on Flickr

6816949732_b28314dacb.jpg

IMG_1502 by rogueauto, on Flickr

I got it installed in the car, but I dont have pix yet since it was getting dark and the pix look better in the daytime.

Some slightly better pix with all the pieces 100% reinstalled. and I stuck the factory HU and vents back in for the pix just so it didnt look so unfinished since im still yet to get the Ipad situation worked out. Looks so good in person, Im scared to be in the car a little bit, I would hate to scratch it. That console was tuff.

6965771733_d1dfcd795a_b.jpg

IMG_1513 by rogueauto, on Flickr

6819651406_7caae1f60e_b.jpg

IMG_1517 by rogueauto, on Flickr

6965772063_7c71b1e7cf_b.jpg

BMW x5 by rogueauto, on Flickr

Archived