#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

However much you may think you may need. Just get a rough measurement of anything that could be deadened and add it all together then order that much or twice that amount if you want two layers.

Not everyone owns a 97 Thunderbird so we can't just go outside and measure for you then give you numbers.

How much you need depends on what sort of coverage you do. Quite often people use too much and cover every square inch with material and that is completely unnecessary and VERY wasteful.

What sort of goals are you wanting to achieve? Are you looking at reducing road, tire, exhaust noise? Improve SPL? Just making it as quiet as possible?

Answers to some of these questions can really help you figure out how much and of what products would best be suited for your T-Bird.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Sorry for not getting back to you as soon as I normally do.

The best method to achieve those goals is to use a combination of products, in this case a vibration mat (Damp, Damp Pro, or Alpha Damp) along with Luxury Liner Pro will be the way to go.

I would approach your Thunderbird like so:

25% coverage with Damplifier on the floor (10 sq. ft., maybe a little bit more) followed with 100% coverage with Luxury Liner Pro (36-45 sq. ft. would be my estimate, I would HIGHLY recommend you measure for yourself to make sure you get enough and no too much). This will take care of your road noise, as well as exhaust and tire and it will also reduce the overall noise level inside the car.

Then I would hit the doors (2 sq. ft. per door is about adequate) with some Damp Pro or Alpha.

Roof, same treatment, but would use a little bit more. Personally I'd probably aim to achieve about 50% coverage, assuming you will have a fairly loud and booming system.

Trunk and rear quarters, 10-12 sq. ft. of some Damp or Damp Pro would do wonders.

Then toss in a few sheets of OverKill to install behind the trim to stop and prevent any rattles and you'll be golden.

So all said and done you're looking at:

30-40 sq. ft. of vibration mat. You're budget will dictate which product you go with.

36-45 sq. ft. of Luxury Liner Pro for the floor.

3-4 sheets of OverKill for the trim (a sheet per door is typical, leaving you another sheet or two for the other trim).

And a can or two of spray adhesive (both for the LLP and OverKill).

usa_render4.png

thank you

any good deals right now

Save 15% on ANY order of $100 or more. Use coupon code: VDay :drink40:

usa_render4.png