XS Power

So, what are some signs of XS Power batteries venting their oxygen? I read charging over 14.9 can cause this. I am asking because while I was having some trial and error time with my Mechman 270 trying to get the AVBM set right I did occasionally over the course of a couple months, charge 15.0-15.1 while driving at highway speeds. I finally have it set to 14.9 on cold start up and after stop and go driving it settles down to 14.5-14.6 idle.

I'm just really scared of ruining a 300 dollar battery. I didn't see any other thread on this particular subject so I figure it may help someone else in the future by knowing what to look for.

Thank you all for any help.

The vents for xs batteries are just underneath the label on the top of the battery. If they are venting they will start to push upwards and you will see a crack in the label on the battery. I highly doubt you have had this happen. Ive had my xs batts at over 15.4 when it was colder than 30 degrees outside. It stayed in that voltage for about 45 minutes of my drive and then went to 14.4 where it needed to be. Ive seen several people run at 15v flat with a 12v battery without any problems but it can shorten the life of your battery by doing so. I was thinking of getting an adjustable voltage module from mechman but as my truck never charges less than 14.45v i am just going to leave it as is.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

The vents for xs batteries are just underneath the label on the top of the battery. If they are venting they will start to push upwards and you will see a crack in the label on the battery. I highly doubt you have had this happen. Ive had my xs batts at over 15.4 when it was colder than 30 degrees outside. It stayed in that voltage for about 45 minutes of my drive and then went to 14.4 where it needed to be. Ive seen several people run at 15v flat with a 12v battery without any problems but it can shorten the life of your battery by doing so. I was thinking of getting an adjustable voltage module from mechman but as my truck never charges less than 14.45v i am just going to leave it as is.

good to know, I don't think I have seen any splits on the label. They seem to be holding the charge fine still.

dude just drop it. Its fine for where it is set now. My truck loves to be in the 14.9's to 15.4 when its cold but it goes to 14.45-14.66v once its warm. Its normal for alts to do this. There is no alternator on the market that does not change its voltage output with the temperature of the alternator.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress