Second Skin Audio

Best way to face box in trunk

seriousgary

Depends on your tastes and goals.

Back if you just want a quick solution for decent sound, but gotta deaden the rattle.

Forward for higher SPL if you seal off surrounding area. Air should not be allowed to pass between box and trunk.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Rear firing if you just have a plain box, Front firing if you completely sealed the box from the trunk itself, which produces better sq over rear firing.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Depends on your tastes and goals.

Back if you just want a quick solution for decent sound, but gotta deaden the rattle.

Forward for higher SPL if you seal off surrounding area. Air should not be allowed to pass between box and trunk.

Yeah, that's better explaination, I didn't see your comment when I was typing mine.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Box made from scratch definitly if you know what you're doing, and since those sound like nice subs, it'll be worth your time to have them face foward to get the most outta them. Sealing takes extra work, but it's well worth it since the subs are in a better acoustic postion, so the sound is more accurate, and louder of course. My friend has 2 JL W3's facing front in a custom made fiberglass enclosure, and they sound really good, and very loud, and they are sealed, so ported would be even louder.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Yes, the box has to be completely sealed off from the trunk so sound doesn't leak, but don't ask me how, cause I'm trying to learn too for my future built, I only know the science. You would be better off asking the experts for the design.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived