large gauge crimper

^ whoa. Crimping is that fast? A couple of years ago I was blow torching solder on my ring terminals and Knu 1/0 Flex wires it took about 15 minutes to do each one.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

^ whoa. Crimping is that fast? A couple of years ago I was blow torching solder on my ring terminals and Knu 1/0 Flex wires it took about 15 minutes to do each one.

It's pretty much strip wire, put lug in crimper, put wire in lug, crimp and done.

Only takes a couple seconds :)

I spend more time hacking through welding cable with my set of dull 1980s wire cutters than I do on the actual crimp lol

It's pretty much strip wire, put lug in crimper, put wire in lug, crimp and done.

Only takes a couple seconds :)

I spend more time hacking through welding cable with my set of dull 1980s wire cutters than I do on the actual crimp lol

I bought some chain cutters or something long ago from home depot and it snaps the 1/0 wire like cutting a string cheese with a scissor.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

what dies are you guys using for say 4ga and 0ga? seems those are the most common sizes i will be using my crimper for.

NEUMAN

16sqmm die for 4 gauge

35 sqmm die for 0 gauge

I found a good cheap solution. You get a 10~25 dollar pair of bolt cutters, cut a knotch in the blade end to the crimp size.

the downside is you only get one size, but most ppl will just do 0 gauge anyway. I have the 16 ton hydraulic crimpers too though.

Archived