Any tips/tutorials for using Audacity?

Its actually the original file. it plays fine on my ipod, Itunes, and WMP.

Hmm, that's interesting. You can open it into iTunes from its current location and it'll play as the 5 minute song, but when you try opening it in Audacity it comes in as a 20 minute song? Sorry if you feel like I'm repeating myself, just trying to make sure I fully understand

Your fine, and thats correct. Same file is loaded in my itunes and WMP right now that i just tried and it was 5 minutes, and in audacity it changed to the 20 minute song while loading.

In Audacity:

Either hit Ctrl+P or go to Edit and scroll to Preferences. From there, hit Quality and then put default Sample Rate to 44100Hz, Default Sample Format to 32-bit float, Real-time Conversion to High-quality Sinc Interpolation/None, and High-Quality Conversion to High-quality Sinc Interpolation/Shaped. Let me know if this works or if anything changes at all

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

In Audacity:

Either hit Ctrl+P or go to Edit and scroll to Preferences. From there, hit Quality and then put default Sample Rate to 44100Hz, Default Sample Format to 32-bit float, Real-time Conversion to High-quality Sinc Interpolation/None, and High-Quality Conversion to High-quality Sinc Interpolation/Shaped. Let me know if this works or if anything changes at all

I Had All of those except the Real time conversion and i changed it and tried to reload it. Still have the same problem. It may be the file. Hey daddy on the same album does the same thing except i haven't noted how long it changes the time to.

I really am clueless as to what could cause this to keep happening then. My last resort would be completely uninstalling/deleting Audacity then re-downloading it to be honest.

EDIT: Decaf was saying that earlier how 11025 is 1/4th of 44100(what it should be) causing the song to be 4x longer. No re-download for you!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I really am clueless as to what could cause this to keep happening then. My last resort would be completely uninstalling/deleting Audacity then re-downloading it to be honest.

EDIT: Decaf was saying that earlier how 11025 is 1/4th of 44100(what it should be) causing the song to be 4x longer. No re-download for you!

Oh. I totally Missed his post earlier. How would i get around that?

Archived