Second Skin Audio

Box For VVX-15s

C.Sanchez.A

I am once again redesigning a box for two Skar VVX-15s. I am very close to the box I am looking for.

Here are the calculations using Torres Box Calculator

Boxcalcpic.png

Here is a skechup of the box

BoxPic.png

NOTE: The bracing displacement is 2, because the angle of the baffle takes up 1.83 cubic feet of the box. The other .17 is for bracing and such.

I will be hopefully running them off a AQ2200D, which will be mounted on the front, near the bottom.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Well two things, why didn't you use the Torres to calculate the volume, the lower fields are used for that, the other issue is that those aeros should have at least their diameter in front od them and should not be too near any walls to tune.

Your port area / Vb is short and your net internal volume is a bit short of the minimum recommended.

This box can certainly be improved with some changes and it woud be wise to recheck with the Torres your calculations for box volume.

Well two things, why didn't you use the Torres to calculate the volume, the lower fields are used for that,

What do you mean? :huh:

the other issue is that those aeros should have at least their diameter in front od them and should not be too near any walls to tune.

This I know, the calculator just doesn't. lol.

The recommended minimum internal space (after displacement) for these woofers is 2.5 each. Which I have, plus.

What changes would you recommend?

Youtube Channel

Thichen the top a bit to have the ports away from the wall and run the partially external if aesthetics is not a concern.

Also repeat your calculations using the depth2 and height 2 fields to make sure everything is alright.

Small stuff that maybe won't make much difference but you just probably wanted to know.

The Height 2 and Depth 2 are for triangle shaped boxes. What I did was count the angled part as displacement.

Youtube Channel

Archived