Sonic Electronix

ok i have my flame suit on. lol, my friend has a 12" L7 and wants to put it in the back of his caviler. from readin on this forum for a while i've gotten the basics down. big 3, multiple runs of 1/0 possibly a few batteries in the back, fuses, and good H/U and all. but i don't know anything bout this stuff, i don't know how a big 3 is done, when i make the multiple runs of 1/0 it goes from the alt to the amp but if i do multiple runs how do u get 1/0 to fit into a amp (specialy if it's more the one wire) honestly i can't even tell him the best amp for it. but after he does get the amp i wouldn't know how to wire it up correctly for the proper ohms, and how to tune the amp and his H/U. just everything, i can build the box (amatt hopefully is designin one) i can make the runs of 1/0 but i would know where to wire them up(basicaly get the wire from the engine to the trunk, if i do more the one battery does each battery have to hook up to the alt. ughh so much lol. once again the flame suit is on and i'm more than welcome for any advice. we really wanna do this ourselves wit out a shop so i can finally start learnin, and i promise to do a build log and take many pics, not just for ya'll but for me so i can look back on them and learn. if i have forgotten anythin plz tell me. thank you all so much.

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

well L7s are 750rms right? or sumthin like that... you aint gunna need multiple runs of 1/0 jus 1 run will be fine, a lil Kinetik HC600 or 800 in the trunk should be fine and the Big 3 ( go to the electrical section megalo jus made a tutorial on it) and a new alternator would be nice...good luck

EDIT: thought he said he had 2 L7's so I put 1500watts rms

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

appreciate that, now when i put the battery in the trunk i'm goin to run that to the alternator correct? or do i run it straight to the amp?

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

thank david, i learn new shit everyday.. can anybody give me some suggestions on wat amp to use for 12" L7

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

what impedence is the sub?

4 0hm

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

4 0hm

dual 4 ohm.

they dont make single 4 ohm l7

get an amp that does 800 RMS @ 2 Ohms

Memphis 16-st1000d would be a nice match for you.

900 RMS @ 2ohms.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer