Second Skin Audio

1999 Camry Xle v6 - 2012 Build - Second Skin Damp Pro

I know I said I was going to write a review for the SS Damp Pro application... so I've decided to just write a small one :)

My thoughts:

Words cannot describe how great my DLS MS6A sounds now. Everything sounds louder and not even muddy at higher volumes and low volumes. It's hard to believe that these are the same speakers I've been running in my front door since 2010. I've just bought a pair of Hybrid Audio Unity's for ~$300.00 and have yet to hook them up to take a listen to them in my new doors. I am almost hesitent to hook them up due to how unbelievable good my DLS MS6A sounds now. I wish I had applied sound deadening to my door earlier.

I was not a believer of sound deadening for doors; I thought it was just a gimmick and a waste of money and time. I've went through 4 different speakers already and when I bought my DLS MS6A, I thought: "Hey maybe if I just drop 250$ on expensive speakers and my ride will sound better!", well it did sound better then my previous setup, but now with Second Skin Audio, it sounds fantastic.

In conclusion, if you haven't already, take advice from this cheap Asian Guy and buy Second Skin Damp Pro and deaden your doors!

P.S. I'm going to run these for a little longer and next week I'll install in the Hybrid Audio Unity's and run them off the same amp to see how things sound. In a couple of weeks I will hook up my new Precision Power P900.4 amp and move the DLS MS6A to the rear deck.

Side Note: I wish the Damp Pro came with printed instructions of things to watch out for such as: "Don't deaden the holes at the bottom of your holes because it's for the rain to get out of your door".

Other than that, the application was easy to apply I've used 50sq/ft of eDead vse2 before and that stuff was a pain in the butt to use. SS Damp Pro was a lot easier to use.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

doin great!

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

This is the perfect example. High quality equipment with high quality deadener = awesome results. :)

And thanks for the quick review and feedback!

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png