Sundown Audio

Would this work? (mb quart)

ant the ninja

Hey guys, Im on a pretty shitty budget but I want to run 4 Crescendo mp6's and 4 tweeters off the MB quart FX4.50. The crescendo's are 4ohm each and the tweeters are 6ohm... Would this even be possible? Im stil pretty new and I've never ran a 4ch before so I'm not real sure how it all works.

EDIT: If this isn't possible, Im all for not using the tweeters or just saving up some money and buying a better amp to handle it, just trying to get your opinions.

Edited by ant the ninja

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

no problem for the amp ... Series the mids up to 8 ohms on 2 of the channels, series the tweets up onto the other 2 channels ... Might run into problems if you parellel them together and not sure of what you are doing ... just my suggestion here ...

I take it you plan on running active ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

If you were to run the tweeter and midrange in parallel on each channel, you would be at 2.4 ohms, which would be fine since that 4 channel is 2 ohm stable, and does 100 watts at 2 ohms on each channel.

Edit: 6 ohms? You using a home audio tweeter or something?, just wondering

Edited by Omega5002

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

If you were to run the tweeter and midrange in parallel on each channel, you would be at 2.4 ohms, which would be fine since that 4 channel is 2 ohm stable, and does 100 watts at 2 ohms on each channel.

Edit: 6 ohms? You using a home audio tweeter or something?, just wondering

No, I believe they are stock gm tweeters? I bought a set of ten of them on here for like 5 bucks a long time ago, they sound pretty decent surprisingly. I know the MP6's can handle the 100 watts but Im not sure about the tweeters, even at 50 watts. Maybe I will just run the mids, do you think I will lose alot of the highs without them? because every video ive seen of these mp6's they sound really well even without tweeters on although those are just videos.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

What is the power rating for your tweeters? IMO you should be fine

Honestly, I dont even know, Im pretty sure they are stock GM or Jeep tweeters. So probably not high at all. I think for now I may try out the mp6's un-amped because I currently dont have a 4 chan and my speakers now are loud just no mid-bass at all. ahh, im so confused! haha

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

• 1 month later...

i have ran just mids for a while,everybody has different taste.i have now hooked up my tweeters and man the music comes to life.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6