Sonic Electronix

i have a hifonics brutus 1206d i believe it is but its 1200rms. i was reading on the net and it says if i turn the bass boost up that it goes to like 67hz or something. so i was wondering where the bass boost should be at. and also what exactly it does and why it raises the hz

Edited by ROBERT 04XBLZ

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

a bass boost knob, is a distortion knob.

it adds db's to the signal centered around 45hz

if you play a note at 30hz its barely boosted along with something at 60, but around 45, which a lot of rap has that frequency is boosted but more than anything its boosted so much it produces a square wave a.k.a. distortion

unplug that thing, set volume @ 75%, no bass boost, flat eq, lpf @80-100, subsonic at ~25hz, and you shouldnt need any bass boost

if your system lacks bass either low, mid or high, it wont be corrected the right way by a bass knob

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I had that amp last yr, I used the bass knob and never hurt anything, just know your limits and you'll be fine

I also ran that amp @.5 ohms daily and had no issues ( i had good electical system behind it)