Second Skin Audio

Box design for 2 HDC315s

you would want 8-9cuft net, your max dimensions with 1 layer all around and a double baffle leaves you with 9.49cuft. each subs displ is roughly .25cuft. so you are down to 9cuft without even adding a port.

port would be roughly 130sqin give or take, to achieve 34/35hz tuning you are looking at over 1cuft port displacement

then you need bracing, which will take up another .1-.3cuft depending on what material you use

in other words, you dont have enough room

if i can fit 2 sa15s in my pontiac in just about 6 cu after sub port AND bracing he should be able to do it aswell lol

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

you would want 8-9cuft net, your max dimensions with 1 layer all around and a double baffle leaves you with 9.49cuft. each subs displ is roughly .25cuft. so you are down to 9cuft without even adding a port.

port would be roughly 130sqin give or take, to achieve 34/35hz tuning you are looking at over 1cuft port displacement

then you need bracing, which will take up another .1-.3cuft depending on what material you use

in other words, you dont have enough room

if i can fit 2 sa15s in my pontiac in just about 6 cu after sub port AND bracing he should be able to do it aswell lol

Lol. I was pretty sure too... I just talked to customer service at AQ And they are going to send me a diagram for it. Thanks guys

What i suggested is correct. They do not sound good in less than 4cuft... thats experience not talking out my ass.

Is the depth you've given from seat to hatch? if so remove 6-8" for port clearance

Sundown sa's need 3cuft per sub... thats a large difference than AQs

Trying to shove subs that need large volume into a small box with small port is going to be a waste of money

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I went through my box designs and this is a box a teammate, DOA WhiteTB(trailblazer) has with 2 15" dc lvl5s. 7.4cuft@34 with 100sqin, does a 150.X on 2 saz2500s and sounded fantastic

its 46w and 27d but he had to put rear batteries between the port for proper clearance

I know I've done 3 TB boxes with 2 15s I just have to hunt down the designs

post-2870-0-92658300-1329690005_thumb.png

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I talked to the customer service at AQ and asked if they recommended 12s instead and they said 15s would be fine, it doesn't need to be HUGE,I just needs SOMEONE'S help with the design, I've listed the demensions and all I want is a diagram of the 2 subs facing up port toward hatch horizontal across the bottom tuned no more then 38hz. Can anybody do that for me please

I talked to the customer service at AQ and asked if they recommended 12s instead and they said 15s would be fine, it doesn't need to be HUGE,I just needs SOMEONE'S help with the design, I've listed the demensions and all I want is a diagram of the 2 subs facing up port toward hatch horizontal across the bottom tuned no more then 38hz. Can anybody do that for me please

Also if you could leave cut demensions that'd be cool. Plan on using 3/4 mdf