Second Skin Audio

Box help!!

Hello, I need a box designed for me with a cut sheet if possible! Will pay if needed. I have a Paypal account. I tried locally but they charge too much and I dont see why I wouldnt be able to build it! I just bought 2 Amercan Bass XFL 12's d4 and I also have a Planet Audio BB2400.1 for them. Max deminsions I can work with is 37wx21hx16d.

Its going in a 2003 park avenue. I will really appreciate any help. Ive done the big 3 as well!!

Hit Up "mazdaspl" or "412 CVX" They make KILLER box designs!

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

Here is a design suggestion on your new dims for the 15" VFL extreme:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 36.2 Hz

Vb = 6.637 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Flush Mounted

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 40 in

External Depth = 26 in

Port Width = 6 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 33 1/4 x 14 1/2

Front Internal = 31 3/4 x 14 1/2

Back = 40 x 14 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 24 1/2 x 14 1/2

Side 2 = 25 1/4 x 14 1/2

Top & Bottom = 40 x 26

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 15 1/2 x 14 1/2

Assembly guide:

Sample-dualbaffle2.png

(2) Front to back and (2) top to bottom low displacement crossbraces are recommended for these subwoofers.

Let me know any questions.

Edited by Joe X

Thanx alot Joe X. So thats 4 cubes at 35hz? How hard would it be to build? Im not a mechanic but I can turn a wrench if u know Wut I mean!! Also, what all would I need as far as materials and tools? My dads got a garage full of tools plus a nice new table saw!

Right, but 4 cubes after displacements or "effective" volume, that's the simplest ported design for higher power dual drivers (9 parts), the table saw, jigsaw, a drill and a proper screwdriver will be basic tools, you need high quality wood glue, and silicone caulk as a sealeant, MDF screws besides the wood itself and something to measure and draw your cuts. As long as you do you cuts perfectly it will be really easy to build. Hope others will step in to complement this explanation.

Hey Joe X! Plans have changed some. I traded the xfl 12s for two vfl 15s. How much more room will I need! Its a huge trunk! Will the box design change? Port back subs up??

Sorry Joe! They are the VFL Extremes!! I hope I wont need to wall it! But I think I can squeeze sone more room out. Ive never messed with the Extremes! Any idea wuts the handling on these monsters? I got pics but no computer! All on my Galaxy S II.