Second Skin Audio

Custom Box For 4 8's

mofo

I have been thumpin to some 12" alpine type E's, but i am sick of them... one of their magnets cracked, and i know that i can get something better for my money. I have 4 MA Audio MA80XE's on their way to my house. I just bought some plywood. and i am trying to get a design for my box. I have a Kicker KX650.4 Amp. and i am thinking about selling it and buying possibly a lanzar 4 ch 2000w. Do u guys think that would be sufficient for 4 500watters? idk anything about Lanzar brand but from what i can see, its not half bad. I have started a drawing of my box, but idk any of the dimensions or anything...

subbox1.jpg

If anyone wants to help me please and thank you. i have built 1 box, but it wasnt the best.

1987 HONDA CIVIC

(1) Pioneer Head Unit

(1) Kicker KX650.4

(2) Alpine Type E's

(4) MA Audio MA80XE's

sonypspowneryt6.png

hondaownercd0.jpg

gtaplayervz7.gif

bassaddictpm4.jpg

I've got a design you could probably build for 4 8's. It'll cost you for the specs, but it should sound good.

It's not that fancy, I'd also keep the Kicker amp before I'd buy a Lanzar.

Or let me know your max dimensions and I can whip you up a different design.

4RE8s.jpg

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

any reason u want to buy a 4 channel amp?? cause a mono block amp will usually work better

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

yeah, mono block FTW

it you want kicker do that kicker sx650.1 amp great amp, with digital tuning

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

lanzars quality is no where near kickers, unless you get the vibes i think they are called and even then i would still keep a kicker. run your highs off ya 4 channel, get ya a nice mono block for your 8s

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg