Sundown Audio

Amp Goes in Protect Mode....

MegaMan93

I have a Audiopipe 18001d and everytime i have my volume up loud it will go in protect mode then come back on within seconds. I have to turn the bass nob down a little for it not to do it, but i bought it to bang, not bang a little bit, you guys understand. But I had a capacitor hooked up and at idle im at 14.4 and when its poundin it drops down in low 10s and hi 9's and the capacitor say "low" where its supposed to read the volts. IDK if this hay anything to do with it, But im just letting you guys know what my setup is doing. The slightest help will be very apperciated. :)

Thanks guys,

David

We don't have alot of neighbors so we can blast the stereo.

that voltage drop is probably your problem

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Sounds like it's time to upgrade your electrical.. Going down to that low of voltage isn't good on anything, not just your amp!

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

Sounds like it's time to upgrade your electrical.. Going down to that low of voltage isn't good on anything, not just your amp!

Where should i start? I did the big 3 upgrade. What else should i do?

10s and 9s are deff not good voltage readings man your basically demanding power from your amp that it isn't supplied to give to you...get rid of the cap and up grading your electrical!

What Should i upgrade first?

Where should i start? I did the big 3 upgrade. What else should i do?

alternator upgrade and maybe an extra battery for that amp? What size wire did you do your Big 3 with and what size alt do you have now?

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.