Sonic Electronix

okay RAY and you paneling pros. i need help

Hmmm. Short and sweet. Across the top of the box. Take a piece of cardboard and get the shape of the headliner and the top of the box across the whole top. Then trace that and cut it onto wood. Take the piece of wood and get it set on top. Cover the headliner and doors with aluminum foil (fiberglass can be removed from it so it doesn't damage the interior). Then I would stretch some fleece or something to get the shape of the edges along the top and sides. Then fiberglass that and if you cover the box in aluminum foil to once dry you will have a fully removable panel that can't be sanded and painted. Tired right now. Sure I'm missing something.

what lol? ive fiberglassed before lol but i did not understand that

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

I definitely wouldn't suggest foaming it unless you tape off the headliner hardcore. Great Stuff will fuck up that headliner so fast and if you ever pull the system you'll need to replace it.

Cardboard template + plywood + jigsaw seems like it'd be easiest. Fiberglass would work but it'd be hell trying to make that panel without some sort of plywood or MDF there anyway to build on. And definitely tape it off if you're fiberglassing.

i was planning on taping trash bags too the roof ahaha and anwheere the great stuff would come in contact with the interior

but i might go buy a thin piece of ply wood and try that.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Construction paper works great.

Get your template to fit great.

Then transfer to mdf.

Gonna be hard to completly explain unless i see the whole thing and figure out wtf the space in front of the sub holes are for.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Then transfer to mdf.

Gonna be hard to completly explain unless i see the whole thing and figure out wtf the space in front of the sub holes are for.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Then transfer to mdf.

its a 4th order.

this is what the box looks like sealed up

5bb1e17f.jpg

^^^dang look at me looking good in that pic. lol... You could try that pipe cleaner idea that I had. Not sure how well it will work though...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Just realized the doors open in back. And I had the thought of sealing it off flush with the box. Just make the wood panels to set back on the box where the headliner has a flatter surface.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Just realized the doors open in back. And I had the thought of sealing it off flush with the box. Just make the wood panels to set back on the box where the headliner has a flatter surface.

it sits like right in the middle of the dome light. all 3 inches of it.

i need like a huge sheet of cardboard. im going to try to get one from the lumber distributers. they sometimes have carboard on the pallets.

so should i use like 1/8 in mdf for this? or should i go thicker.

and still havent gotten any better ideas on how to seal this sucker off

Had a post but it deleted itself. Build the false wall behind the dome light. Like ray said with construction paper or I use cardboard. Get the curve of the headliner and transfer to mdf. Now you have the top half. Do the same for the sides. Make a Skelton frame out of 2x4s or something and secure the baffle with that. I'd use atleast 1/4" have had problems with thin wood vibrating too much. Just stay away from great foam.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived