Sonic Electronix

okay RAY and you paneling pros. i need help

alright. built my box. and now i have to panel and seal it off.

ive got about 8 inches to the top of the roof and then on the sides i have the half doors.

its a f150

heres some pics for reference4a0fae4c.jpg

eb0818be.jpg

dd95fd2b.jpg

bae8b339.jpg

i started cutting out the doors and stuff with cardboard and got a huge sheet of 3/4 birch to pretty much fit flush.

but it was a bitch. im sure i dont need it but ive never paneled before.

the box come right to the dome light so any panel will hit that light.

if you need any more info let me know.

i appreciate the help

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

i dont really know what to do about sealing it off. i was thinking about stacking 2x4's and such so i can get close enough to use foam.

i dont really know where to start with the paneling. or what material i should use.

any help is appreciated

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Cover everything with Aluminum foil. Then the and use wood in big area and fiber glass the rest and get the shape. If done right the panel should be removable and a perfect fit. What I would probably do.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Get rid of the dome light if its in the way. Use thin cardboard if you can find it, old boxes are a PITA.

its like half in the way lol. idk how i would cover up that area

Cover everything with Aluminum foil. Then the and use wood in big area and fiber glass the rest and get the shape. If done right the panel should be removable and a perfect fit. What I would probably do.

i dont understand. can you explain how im going to get the resin to join with the wood

Get rid of the dome light if its in the way. Use thin cardboard if you can find it, old boxes are a PITA.

YES I NOTICED lol

Hmmm. Short and sweet. Across the top of the box. Take a piece of cardboard and get the shape of the headliner and the top of the box across the whole top. Then trace that and cut it onto wood. Take the piece of wood and get it set on top. Cover the headliner and doors with aluminum foil (fiberglass can be removed from it so it doesn't damage the interior). Then I would stretch some fleece or something to get the shape of the edges along the top and sides. Then fiberglass that and if you cover the box in aluminum foil to once dry you will have a fully removable panel that can't be sanded and painted. Tired right now. Sure I'm missing something.

Edit: thinking more about it you can make the panels shape out of the aluminum foil. And as mentioned below by someone like I said about the top. The big open area would need wood to add strength and sturdyness in some areas. Get the panel to fit just right then use some weather stripping along the edges and you have a air tight seal.

I'm sure there's something easier. You just have a bad shape and area to work with.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I definitely wouldn't suggest foaming it unless you tape off the headliner hardcore. Great Stuff will fuck up that headliner so fast and if you ever pull the system you'll need to replace it.

Cardboard template + plywood + jigsaw seems like it'd be easiest. Fiberglass would work but it'd be hell trying to make that panel without some sort of plywood or MDF there anyway to build on. And definitely tape it off if you're fiberglassing.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived