Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Decision

Boon

Hey guys,

I'm after some suggestions of what to do here...

Basically I currently have 1 Atomic AP12D2 and a Schneider SPA-7000X. The amp can push about 4500wrms @ 12v @ 1 ohm.

This is obviously way too much power for this sub daily (sub handles burps fine though)

So I'm looking to upgrade. I spoke to some people and figured out that these are my options.

Note the following:

- I can get all of these options for around the same price

- For SPL I'm going to stick with St A for now.

1. Get another 3 AP12D2's. Make a HUGE box (~10-12cubes), tune it low, go crazy. For SPL pull the box out and use 1 sub in my current setup, that is getting 144.8dB but there's a lot of room to improve there.

2. Get 2 Atomic AP12SPL's. These are basically the heavy duty version of the AP12, just more power handling but less musical. I would use a single one for SPL.

3. Get 1 APX12. This is Atomic's hard-core SPL woofer. I have been told it should take 4kw daily. And I imagine it would be insanely loud for a 12" with that much power. Again it's not as musical. Different boxes for SPL and daily.

What do you guys think? Either way there's going to be some decent coin thrown around so I'm looking for advice from all over before I make any decisions.

Cheers.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I would shoot for the apx, so that you could use it for both and have the swappable boxes like you said. If I had that setup and the money that'd be what I do.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit

Archived