Singer Alternator

So my new Alt came in the mail yesterday. I installed it but my idle is only around 12.5 (Where my batteries are sitting).

I emailed Mike and he told me it was an issue with my pulley and said he is going to make me a new one custom. What happens is when I bring the engine over 1k rpm, it goes to 14.3 like usual. My car idles at about 800rpm.

Is there anything I can temporarily do to enhance the rpm of my engine or alternator? (Besides revving)

Also, the belt squeals sometimes when I drive and turn my steering wheel. Why is this?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

hes gonna send you an overdrive pulley more than likely, which is simply just a slightly smaller pulley than the one thats on there now. it helps spin the alt faster at lower rpms. nothing you can do right now about it, just watch the voltage. belt squeaks probably cause its too small or its worn. you may need to get a new belt when the new pulley comes, but im not for certain. i'd ask him he knows way fucking more than i do lol

hes gonna send you an overdrive pulley more than likely, which is simply just a slightly smaller pulley than the one thats on there now. it helps spin the alt faster at lower rpms. nothing you can do right now about it, just watch the voltage. belt squeaks probably cause its too small or its worn. you may need to get a new belt when the new pulley comes, but im not for certain. i'd ask him he knows way fucking more than i do lol

Ah gotcha, the pulley on there is around 1.9 inches in diameter. I didn't know they even made them smaller than that.

Well, my alternator has a rotating bracket so I can adjust the belt at any angle. How tight is it supposed to be?

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw

Ah gotcha, the pulley on there is around 1.9 inches in diameter. I didn't know they even made them smaller than that.

Well, my alternator has a rotating bracket so I can adjust the belt at any angle. How tight is it supposed to be?

yeah oversize pulleys tend to be custom. and i myself like having the belt a half inch of play in either direction from rest

Well it really depends on the rib count of the belt and the amount of pulley that is wrapped that will dictate how much tension is needed, my belt is a 4 rib belt and can tell you once i get my ho alt i'll have to get a gates racing belt and have to have it pretty tight in tension.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

yeah oversize pulleys tend to be custom. and i myself like having the belt a half inch of play in either direction from rest

Well, mine is on there pretty tight.. Tight enough so that I can hardly move it. Think this might be an issue?

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw

Good luck on the new ALT!

Thank you!

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw

well i dont see how having it TOO tight would cause it to squeak. then again HO alts are a bitch for the engine to spin when under load. i've never owned a real HO alt before so i cant speak from experience

run a gator back belt if you end up needed a new belt, those are known for making sqeaks go away

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Archived