Second Skin Audio

Need some opinions (and maybe some design help)

CLNSHVNnDRAGGN

I'm going to build a new box for my 99 Eclipse and wanted to get some suggestions on what design to go with (ported, 4th order, etc). Right now I'm running a simple ported box (not a prefab) that I got in a trade for some other stuff but want to get something built for what I have.

Here's what I'm running:

Pioneer AVIC-N2

Kenwood KGC-9044 EQ

Audio Control Matrix

Memphis M-Class components on a US Amps XT800.4

2 TC Sounds TC1000 12's (D4)

Xtant X1001

0/1 wiring

1 farad cap

stock battery and a Deka Intimidator group 34 in the trunk

Stock alt

I have roughly 34" wide, 16" high, and 16" deep to work with. I may have a little more than that but I would have to measure it again because I can't remember right now and it's too damn cold to go out right now. Also, I would prefer not to have the subs firing up on the glass (personal preference). I'm looking to be loud but at the same time want to keep it clean (don't care about winning any comp's).

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Thanks for the responses. I went out and took a few measurements to see if I could come up with enough space and here's what I came up with:

Dimensions.jpg

With those dimensions the subs would be on the 40" side facing the rear of the car with about 5.75" between them and the back of the trunk. I'll be using 3/4" MDF and without taking into consideration the thickness of the wood I came up with 7.694^3. I really don't know much about these subs but from what I could find out they like about 3^ ft each including port area so I'm hoping I can make this work.

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread to see if someone will design me a box. Sticking with the dimensions I have in the drawing above however if necessary I can go 18" on the height. I decided to go with subs up and port back. I've seen a few setups with these subs in 2^ each ported at 30hz that sounded really good so seeing as I have more space to work with I think they'll be ok. Like stated before I'm not looking to compete just want something loud that sounds good for a daily setup.

Archived