Truck Won't Start.

So it cranks but doesn't kick. Its TPI but, it should still have an mechanical fuel pump. Is there fuel getting to the front? Is there spark?

Well when I check the fuel filter in the front I can smell gas. As for spark I haven't checked yet. I'm glad you said that though I'm going to check tomarrow.

Not yet. I'm not sure when i'm going to be able to look at it. I don't get home until after dark so its hard to look at it. (I live in apartments so i don't have a garage). I might get it towed up to a shop because I just don't have the time. I'm going to check the spark plugs as soon as i can before i do anything though.

Not yet. I'm not sure when i'm going to be able to look at it. I don't get home until after dark so its hard to look at it. (I live in apartments so i don't have a garage). I might get it towed up to a shop because I just don't have the time. I'm going to check the spark plugs as soon as i can before i do anything though.

at night is easier to check for spark. I think anyways. Just remove the number one plug and keep it connected to the plug wire. have some one tap the starter not fully crank just tap it to check. if there is spark its gonna spark. The Spark Plug tip has to be close to the motor or actually any grounded part of the car while doing this. Its a quick test. No spark its probably an electronic component inside of the distributor. Not the rotor but below it. It went out in my truck while I was driving to a show last season. It was crazy I thought I blew my motor. but it did the same shit it would crank but, no spark.

Archived