Jcoleman134 Posted December 15, 2007 Author Report Posted December 15, 2007 nah it cranks fine just doesn't start.
Team Bassick - Kimo Posted December 16, 2007 Report Posted December 16, 2007 nah it cranks fine just doesn't start. So it cranks but doesn't kick. Its TPI but, it should still have an mechanical fuel pump. Is there fuel getting to the front? Is there spark? KIMO @teambassick http://www.teambassick.com
Jcoleman134 Posted December 16, 2007 Author Report Posted December 16, 2007 So it cranks but doesn't kick. Its TPI but, it should still have an mechanical fuel pump. Is there fuel getting to the front? Is there spark?Well when I check the fuel filter in the front I can smell gas. As for spark I haven't checked yet. I'm glad you said that though I'm going to check tomarrow.
Team Bassick - Kimo Posted December 17, 2007 Report Posted December 17, 2007 Well when I check the fuel filter in the front I can smell gas. As for spark I haven't checked yet. I'm glad you said that though I'm going to check tomarrow. so any new outcome on the truck? KIMO @teambassick http://www.teambassick.com
Jcoleman134 Posted December 17, 2007 Author Report Posted December 17, 2007 Not yet. I'm not sure when i'm going to be able to look at it. I don't get home until after dark so its hard to look at it. (I live in apartments so i don't have a garage). I might get it towed up to a shop because I just don't have the time. I'm going to check the spark plugs as soon as i can before i do anything though.
Team Bassick - Kimo Posted December 17, 2007 Report Posted December 17, 2007 Not yet. I'm not sure when i'm going to be able to look at it. I don't get home until after dark so its hard to look at it. (I live in apartments so i don't have a garage). I might get it towed up to a shop because I just don't have the time. I'm going to check the spark plugs as soon as i can before i do anything though. at night is easier to check for spark. I think anyways. Just remove the number one plug and keep it connected to the plug wire. have some one tap the starter not fully crank just tap it to check. if there is spark its gonna spark. The Spark Plug tip has to be close to the motor or actually any grounded part of the car while doing this. Its a quick test. No spark its probably an electronic component inside of the distributor. Not the rotor but below it. It went out in my truck while I was driving to a show last season. It was crazy I thought I blew my motor. but it did the same shit it would crank but, no spark. KIMO @teambassick http://www.teambassick.com
Jcoleman134 Posted December 18, 2007 Author Report Posted December 18, 2007 Ok well when i bought the truck he gave me a piece i'm not sure what its called so heres pictures of it. He told me where to put it if i were to have problems with the old one. but theres one problem. i forgot where to put it lol so if anyone knows feel free to tell me
badasschevy Posted December 18, 2007 Report Posted December 18, 2007 that goes in your distributor, pull the cap,and rotor and you will see it. center console: lvl 4 12 1.75 cu ft tuned 37htz alpine cda-9886 dc audio 120.4 infinity kappa 6.5" components
Jcoleman134 Posted December 18, 2007 Author Report Posted December 18, 2007 Isn't it behind the passenger wheel?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.