Second Skin Audio

So. I know I need some more damplifier which isnt what I'm researching. More curious about making my car quieter. Looked through the website just didn't get a clear answer for what I was looking at. Luxury liner and overkill. Thinking about doing the floor of my car and maybe the floor of my trunk to get a quieter interior. Was just wondering what I would need to apply this stuff and what order does it go down. Maybe I already know but if so just say so. Start with a layer of damplifier. Then you put the overkill down. Then the luxury liner? Not sure but that's why I'm asking.

Thanks

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Ok let me clear it up for ya. :)

First step to any sound deadening project is to use Damplifier or whatever brand of vibration damping (being it mat or liquid). This kills panel resonance.

The next step to create a quiet ride is to add some sort of noise barrier. Luxury Liner or really any MLV (mass loaded vinyl) being the most cost effective and safe method. MLV should always be used with a decoupler to "float" the MLV barrier above the surface to prevent direct transference of vibrations into the barrier.

So for instance, if you are planning on using Luxury Liner, installation of a layer of OverKill, OverKill Pro, or other similar closed cell foam first is recommended.

If you are planning on using Luxury Liner Pro, there is no need to install any sort of foam product because Luxury Liner Pro already has a foam decoupler fused to the vinyl, thus saving you the headache of installing two separate products.

So to sum it up.

Vibration mat/liquid > foam > MLV

OR

Vibration mat/liquid > foam/MLV combo product

Hope that makes sense. :)

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png