Second Skin Audio

walling a hatchback? things I wonder..

I recently got the bug to wall .. however.. I have a hatch.

I have always been hearing the " oh you have a hatch.. do subs up port back " and that's what i've always done.

Would walling be more benefitial in a 2 door hatchback then subs up and port back like i've always heard? What would this be dependant on? Sub Size? Power Used? Or just because it's a hatch.. better to do it one way or the other? I'm hoping it's more personal preference as i'm wanting to wall if all possible, but I do have this feeling to stick to what i've always been told.

I needed to ask the guys at SMD for some advice :) appreciate any that is given.

info, will be using 2 18s, roughly 1k power to both on temporary amp until I get my taxes back... so nothing huge yet.

wall it!

yes that is usually true that hatch backs get loud with subs up port back but that would never compare to a wall.

I am quite excited to try a wall, i've never done it before. wishing I lived closer to someone who has had experience in doing them really, no one here is into it anymore than buy prefab for two 12s.. sony amp and blow out windshield story. lol I just shake my head and say " yea... wow that's cool "

also, falsefloor probably a must on this as well? not sure how else to keep the box from flying forward unless it was bolted down lol so im assuming yes.

Anyone else have any input? I plan to keep this setup from now on, 2 18s and very low tuned wall/box pending on people's input on the wall vs. hatchback sub up port back idea.

What car do you have? I've got a vibe that needs to be walled eventually

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

What car do you have? I've got a vibe that needs to be walled eventually

2002 celica GT , old system pic in avatar from like 06.

Subs forward port back does wonders in some hatch backs for SPL purposes but sounds like shit for daily.

I've seen that a few times in CRXs I think, DD subs mostly.

http://www.stevemead...ith-3-18-lvl5s/

LOL...

it might take awhile to load that up, its like 500 pics lol

lol Thank you much for that.

no prob, its my build so figured i would share

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones