Second Skin Audio

Box design for 2 Dayton 18's (Pro help needed)

99xtremedime

Well the motor blew up in my S10 and I cant get it ready before SBN, so I've made the decision to build a "little" system in my girls cougar so we dont have to be bassless down there. I've had these 2 18" Dayton Audio subwoofers laying around our house for about 6 months now and shes been naggin me since I got them to put them in her car. So far, from the measurements I've gotten, I have 7.8 cuft to play with. I can get more... probably 1.5-2 more cuft if I make it really odd shaped. The only problm is that the Vas for this sub is right at 10cuft. Do you guys think that I can get away with about 4ish cuft with the subs being that they will be about 200 watts overpowered with my AQ1200 and make it sound right? I want it to be a low end monster but still sound really good on up to around 70hz. She really wants me to do both 18's, but but i just dont think i have adequate room for a box...

here are the subs: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-475

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

ok, currently all i have is 16"Hx30"Wx34"D for 7.77 cuft. I can get more but shes at work and ill have to post it later.

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

Archived