Sonic Electronix

Bitrate, quality and recording levels?

Trying to figure a few things out, but not sure how to word the question. When I popped the DD-1 disc into the PC in an attempt to put it on my iPod, I found that they are .wma files. I'm converting them to .mp3 files and in doing so, I was asked which bitrate I wanted. When I ripped the DD-1 disc to my PC, it says that the tracks are at 96kbps. Should this be what I choose to convert at? It just seems low.

And two.. Am I right in understanding that using the headphone jack on the iPod isn't the greatest choice due to making the head unit work harder to net the same output because of the small internal amplifier on the iPod? I'll be running it off of the Line Out instead of the 3.5 plug anyway, but even the songs on the iPod vary greatly in output and quality. Is this all related to bitrate and/or recording levels?

Again, I'm not sure how else to word it so.. There's my take at it.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Please do not use that track...

If you want to play from your iPod, then at least rip them in AAC @320kbps or MP3 @320kbps

Although it is not advisable to rip the tracks because ripping software can alter the waves and then it'll be off or something like that not entirely sure. Point is that it is not advisable to rip the tracks and play from an iPod or something similar.

Why not use the CD? it's a lot simpler to use.

As for the second question, the sound quality is degraded via the auxiliary jack because it's an analog connection. A CD is digital media which means that there won't be a loss in quality between the audio source to the HU. If you really do not want to use the CD and want to rip the tracks, then I suggest that you use a USB instead since that can plug in directly to the HU and it's a digital source.

Edited by Nesto1000

Well I just bought this..

0225121237.jpg

It has a charger/usb in the back so I can use the full iPod controls on the HU. I just wasn't sure if that would completely take care of the low output problem since some songs were still pretty loud even on the auxiliary jack. It's not that using the CD is a problem. Just trying to better understand a few things.

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Hopefully u don't mind me chiming in on this...

I cant really use a cd because it just skips when i demo. 100% of the songs I play come from itunes or if it's not on there, live mix tapes.com My question is on my apple there is an option to switch songs to ACC version...is this what I need to do to get the best playback quality? Is buying a song from itunes the same as ripping the cd on to itunes? I heard that using the better quality format also takes up more space so I should choose this for the songs that I want to compete/demo wiith and for the rest just use the regualr version. I know some of the mix tape songs are lesser quality, so does switching them over to the ACC version clear this up? Sorry if i'm being repetitive..i'm just confused. Thanks

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

if it was originaly at 96 try to convert it to 128~160 max. which is the best for quality. Like Nesto said, softwares will always alter the file and will alter even further when converted to higher bitrates and can/will even clip the tracks. It happens.

Just caught something there, you cant upgrade the quality of a song, like you said 96 to convert to 128~160.

Once you go down you cant go back up....

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I was just reading that. So once something was ripped at 96k. The only thing that's going to change is the file size, correct? You can never go past 96 again. This makes me really want to use iTunes or something with quality music.. : /

XS D3100

Come on 150!