Second Skin Audio

your going to have some fun getting a sub that has the free air response of 40hz to play in the low 30s and high 20s daily lol

I never had any problem with my old aq's and playing 30hz and those were twelves? Not trying to give you a negative response, just in my case when i played low song that hit around 28-30 i still got the desired deep bass and solid rumble throughout my vehicle :( i may just not have heard enough really good builds to tell the difference. But i mostly plan on playing rap/dubstep/rock i want the lower tuning mostly for show i guess. I figure ill stick with 30hz like my last box, of course i never did displacement when i made it so that probably drasticaly changend my tuning. And thank you for the clarification on what Vas actualy is.

Its your box you can do what ever you want. Your best bet to figuring out what the displacement is, is trying to find the specs for subs that are around the same size and see what its displacement is.

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Its your box you can do what ever you want. Your best bet to figuring out what the displacement is, is trying to find the specs for subs that are around the same size and see what its displacement is.

Yes ive already sent a email trying to contact Aq and see if they will tell me the displacement. But in the mean time i guess i could mock up some design with similar size woofers, ty

So here is what works out for a subs up/port back (all across the bottom) configuration:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 30.15 Hz

Vb = 11.901 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Flush Mounted

External Height = 29.25 in

External Width = 40 in

External Depth = 28 in

Port Width = 4 3/4 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 40 x 28

Left & Right Sides = 26 1/2 x 27

Front & Back = 40 x 27

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 21 3/4 x 38 1/2

Extension = 4 x 38 1/2

As noted above though the 30Hz tuning is way below Fs, probably you should look into this.