Sonic Electronix

New To Audio, Looking To Upgrade

heyy every one i have a few questions

for a new sub/amp setup would a rockford T20001BD power two 15 inch L5 kickers efficently

right now i only have one 12 inch L5 powered by an alpine MRD-M605

also what type of upgrades would i have to do to my system? like what wiring would i need 0 guage?

and would i need to get capacitor?

I can't answer everything, but I will say this:

RF T20001BD good amp, good power. I don't know if the subs will handle it or they will need more. I don't know the subs well.

I would recommend the 1/0 for sure. Additionally, a big 3 wiring upgrade and scrap the idea of a capacitor. I would instead recommend looking into an additional battery. You can probably survive without, but I would just recommend it. Kinetik has some pretty nice batteries. They have one that they particularly note as a "cap killer" or something similar.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

awsome thanks i have a long way still till i have the money for this because while im saving up for all this im saving up for a new vehicle and moving right away after high school

so instead of the L5 kickers what other subs would any one recomend with the T20001BD or even the T10001BD

im wanting to try some new stuff at the same time lol

t1000bd will be better for those subs.

i highly doubt the L5s will take 1500 RMS each

the L7 15's yes but the L5s no

Edited by dwright27

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

also what is the big 3?

i feel stupid for asking:(

big three is upgrading the factory cabel from your alternator to chassis ground, positive to positiveon battery, and negative to negative to battery.

think of it as adding a supercharger to a car and not upgrading your fuel lines.

IF you dont ask you cant learn.

Edited by dwright27

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

also what is the big 3?

i feel stupid for asking:(

but i quess i would look even more stupid if i didnt ask and never did know

it just upgrading your electrical system. go to the Electrical-battery- Alternators- Wiring section on the forum and MegaloManiac did a whole write up on the Big3

Edited by KWP369
Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

and don't feel stupid for askin question u can ask anybody on this forum i probably have asked the most noobish question but thats how u learn and these people have a lot of good info, the best thing i can tell u if ur interestin in learnin is go to the member build/showoff section and just start readin everybodies builds u will learn so much from there

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

ok awsome thanks both of you guys on the big 3 info. another question on that how much bigger should i make the wire? like 0/1 guage?

hahaha also thanks ill go there tomoro and read it after work

Edited by codi