Sundown Audio

need amp sugestions

99blazer

i only got a 160amp alternator and 950 amp yellow top optima atm.

okay. well unless your gonna buy a boss or legacy 2000 watt then they're all gonna pull similar power

I'm not tryin to be a dick man, but do you understand what im sayin?

92 Honda Prelude SI H23a3

HU: Alpine CDA-105

Front Stage: DB Drive PT6.0 6.5"

Rear Stage: Junk pioneers (Not sure what im wanting to do in the trunk, waiting)

Speaker Amp: DB Drive A4 4200

Sub Amp: MB Quart DSC1500.1

Subs: 2 12" MB Quart Premiums

Box: Slot port tuned to ~34hz

Wiring: Kicker Ultraflex 0awg and Big 3

Alt: Stock (saving for a 200amp Excessive Amperage)

Batteries: Optima Yellow Top and Stinger SPV44

Extra Equipment:

Two Rockford Fosgate T2 12's (Recones in future)

Kicker ZX1000.1

home_mbquart.jpg

Selling:

I dont always think the gauge inputs or number of inputs makes the amp. I had a stetsom 2k6d amp that had 2ga wire inputs for the power and ground (they were really 4ga but the holes were big enough and i even stuffed all of my tsunami 1/0 in there) and that amp was clamped at over 2800w rms at 5 ohms. The amp mind you was a 2 ohm model rated to do 2600w rms at 2 ohms on a 14.4v system. I wish i never sold that amp knowing that about it now.

Either way they do have distro blocks though they are usually fused that will accept 1/0, two 4/8ga inputs and then give up to 4 4/8ga outputs with a fuse between each output. I myself have one and would sell it to you if i knew for sure id never use it but they are out there.

I say just stick it out and either get a distro block or a pair of reducers for it and be done with it, worry about upgrading the amp and everything else later.

edit: just was going through the f/s thread on here and found this http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/135732-for-sale-20-10-wire-reducers-4-ch-amp-d3400-xs-tweeters-midranges-speaker-wires-terminals/ The guy has 3 pairs of 1/0 to 4ga reducers and thats the exact same one i used on an old precision power amp i have.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i might just have to get those reducers but i hope the fit next to each other, also my main thing is that the amp needs to have 10guage speaker outputs. i might end up getting the tx1.2000d 0r maybe a smaller one. and if i do get reducers from 0gauge to 4 it wont make the amp get hot will it?

08 Ford F150

Reducers wont make the amp hot and they have never shorted out with a few amps i used mine on. They get close but some shrink wrap at the nearest harbor freight or radioshack will fix that for you along with electrical tape if you are still concerned.

Also why does the amp need to have 10 gauge speaker outputs? Is that the wire you are using or something?

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i gotta stick to 1500 - 2000w rms with the subs i got. does anyone know if the mb quart onx 1500.d is any good and does it take 0 gauge. ive read somewhere that it does then other places say 2 gauge

I own the DCS1500.1 which is pretty much the older version of this amp. I love this amp man, it pushes super clean power and idk if you care but the bass knob is really acurate. I would sell this amp to a friend.

EDIT: also about the wire, i've used 10 gauge in my speaker terminals since i've owned it and the power and ground are a kinda small 2awg.. And with the reducer, the terminals turn down so it might give you some trouble.. just a heads up you might have to lift the amp off of the mounting spot to get it in there.

Edited by h23a3lude

92 Honda Prelude SI H23a3

HU: Alpine CDA-105

Front Stage: DB Drive PT6.0 6.5"

Rear Stage: Junk pioneers (Not sure what im wanting to do in the trunk, waiting)

Speaker Amp: DB Drive A4 4200

Sub Amp: MB Quart DSC1500.1

Subs: 2 12" MB Quart Premiums

Box: Slot port tuned to ~34hz

Wiring: Kicker Ultraflex 0awg and Big 3

Alt: Stock (saving for a 200amp Excessive Amperage)

Batteries: Optima Yellow Top and Stinger SPV44

Extra Equipment:

Two Rockford Fosgate T2 12's (Recones in future)

Kicker ZX1000.1

home_mbquart.jpg

Selling: