Wiring In-dash Properly?

I hooked my indash up half ass a couple weeks back just to get the feel of it, didn't hook up the steering wheel hookup or the radio (didn't have the GMC antenna adapter) but heres a quick question. For some reason, I couldn't program the clock or get to any of the real set up menus. I think it has to do with me not wiring the brake lines or something, can someone help me out with this? thanks.

teamsundown-1.jpg

I hooked my indash up half ass a couple weeks back just to get the feel of it, didn't hook up the steering wheel hookup or the radio (didn't have the GMC antenna adapter) but heres a quick question. For some reason, I couldn't program the clock or get to any of the real set up menus. I think it has to do with me not wiring the brake lines or something, can someone help me out with this? thanks.

Um, I don't want to sound like a dick, because I really feel that Anyone with a little reading can install car audio at some point. But, Half assing a job the 1st time then coming on here and then asking questions is just ass back wards in my book.

un-install everything, read the book, then ask questions, get a complete understanding, then install. I would hate for you to ruin the truck or burn up what you bought.

Were here to help, but you have to help yourself too.:)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Oh my bad man I guess I kind of said that wrong. I shouldn't of used the word half assed, but more of I just installed it to get the gist of the touch screen and check out how bright it was, etc. I uninstalled everything that night, I have a pretty decent understanding, I just don't understand why I couldn't program the clock or access several setting menus, and I know it was because I couldn't find how to wire the break/parking line or something along those lines. I read the manual thoroughly but just couldn't find anything that clarified how to hook up the break line. I think its the same line that regards whether you can watch DVD's while in motion or not. Just wondering if anyone knew how I would do this correctly. Thanks for your help.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Alpine W205, it was awhile ago joey when I hooked it up and I could not get to clock settings and it seemed a couple other setting options were missing too. All I can think of, like I said, is I didn't have the break wire or park wire in (no idea how to do that)

teamsundown-1.jpg

i ahd the same problem. Your gonna have to get a piece that tricks the hu to think the parking brake is always engaged...i think its about 25-30 bucks.

u have no i-personalize or anything right...

also chekc out pride-rock.com for alpine backgrounds....they have some sick bgs for alpine screens

Lets Go Ski

local shop is the only place u could prob. get it from..

and as far as the install, the shop did it.

I was getting my headliner done and they fixed it for me.

All i did was pay for the piece itself.

If im not mistaken, its a green box. thats all i know

sorry bro

Lets Go Ski

Its cool man, get at me if you can figure out what its called or its item number, whatever you can find.

It's a PAC TR-7

For the brake trigger system. And you won't be able to access most of the menus until you address the brake wire mod.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)