Second Skin Audio

So I finally had a revolutionary idea in regards to doing a removable port tuned low and a regular port tuned higher. If I were to build a box for 2 12s both facing forward (trunk car) with a port in the center, I had the idea of cutting a rectangular portion out of the front and having 2 different interchangeable ports that I could put in.

Box dimensions:

13.5H x 33W x 23D

For a higher tuning, I was planning on having a slotted port between the woofers 12H x 5W x 16.25D. I've provided a link to the screenshot below:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/422673_3214706599267_1014379508_33093220_260099473_n.jpg

For the lower tuning, I was planning on switching to a few aero ports between the woofers. This is the part where I'm confused. I've never used aero/round ports but I have a rough idea on what I need to do. Somewhere between 9 to 11 square inches per cubic foot of net box space, but I was trying to tune somewhere around 30Hz. Here's what I have so far:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/427382_3214727399787_1014379508_33093223_149156405_n.jpg

Here's the questions that I have:

Anybody have any ideas for getting me to the 30Hz tuning? Also, where would I get aero ports or round ports from? Is it as simple as just cutting some PVC pipe? And how would I secure a round port in a piece of MDF? I'm guessing that I'd use a jigsaw to cut out however big of a hole I'd need for the diameter and then what? Caulk around the edges? How would I hold it in place?

Those are the questions I've got for now, will post up anymore that I come across. Thanks to anybody who can help!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

parts-express.com sells aero ports, or you could buy pvc and a metal bowl, and a torch and make your own. and you could drill holes in the lip of the flare to mount it, or if you want the port to stick out, you could caulk it in place, or fiberglass it in

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

parts-express.com sells aero ports, or you could buy pvc and a metal bowl, and a torch and make your own. and you could drill holes in the lip of the flare to mount it, or if you want the port to stick out, you could caulk it in place, or fiberglass it in

Thanks a lot man, will be bookmarking this site!
ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived