Duck's Walled Accord - 3/4/14 Nothing to see here, move along, move along

I didn't get a whole lot done today. Did some sanding, and priming on the baffle and port and got the 45 cut for the corner of that. And i started on the amp rack layout. Using some more 2X3/16 angle iron and flat bar.

002-1_zps820a499b.jpg

I need to build a brace for the back part there to support it and then i can start laying wood and stuff and junk.

007-2_zpsdb7bf574.jpg

006-1_zps9e74a007.jpg

008_zpsab7db4d2.jpg

I want to clan all this stuff up and give it a coat of primer. Doubt it wil ever see paint as it will be hidden.

005-1_zps4ee52442.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Oh, batteries will go under this so power wire runs will be really short. I have to build the battery box too. I have a picnic to go to today and got to work tomorrow so no more progress this weekend. :(

Always nice to see the entire family working together :)

My youngest son loves to help. He always wants to use my lumber for his projects though. I have to explain that i nee it for my build. My oldest son would rather just play halo and i think my wife just comes out to the garage to get away from the kids lol.

So, i drilled some holes in my firewall today, and I have some liquitight connections to run the 1/0 through. That really all for today. lol

001-5_zpsd8315be3.jpg

I ordered a drivers side replacement mirror glass for my car, it comes in today, and it's the wrong part. When i ordered i clicked the "see if this fits your car" on amazon it was all like "oh, sure it fits, no problem dude." now when i click it, it's like dude, this part will so not fit your car". So basically i paid 8 bucks for a mirror that i cant use. When i look on ebay that same day all they have is whole mirror assemblies and they are like $45 used. Now today i look and there are several for like $25. lol so, long story short, i just bought an entire mirror assembly and have the other crap non-fitting mirror zip tied to my car...

Yeah, that's how we do it in Kansas, lol

oh, and Amazon want's me to pay $6 to return the other one. sure.

Started to lay some deadener. For starters I am using the murdermat i got from a crescendo store credit. I have a bulk pack of SS Dampflifier for the doors roof and probably a second layer over this.

Anyway, this is the old deadener in the hatch, half of this was stuck tight, half was flaking off. So i removed it all.

007-2_zpse8ddd127.jpg

there is some ooy goo-y stuff left, but it was pretty sticky so i wasn't to concerned with it.

011-1_zps6b6a43cc.jpg

By the way, this ss how all the plastic is in my car, stuff just crumbles in your hands.

010_zps2794d49d.jpg

Got one layer in, just covered the part that go "bong" for now. Since the wall will probably eliminate a lot of noise from the hatch I am not going to get stupid back here. I may cover a few extra parts later, but for now this made a huge difference.

013-1_zps5dc08c81.jpg

This little part would just resonate like crazy, but not any more lol

014-1_zps52243e26.jpg

Front Driver side

001-5_zpscbfdb7d9.jpg

Rear Drivers side

003-3_zps3747edd4.jpg

Front Passenger side

005-1_zpseeba87aa.jpg

004-2_zps8c02f26b.jpg

I guess i didn't get a pic of the rear passenger side.

All i can say is just this little bit of coverage made a huge difference. Hitting bumps in the road used to be a lesson in reverb, now all those little lines in the highway and small pot holes are just a quiet little thunk.

Archived