Second Skin Audio

Box Help

Jonesy33

Man your helping me out a lot but I'm lost with out a picture. Do you know anybody that can sketch this up for me? Some of your measurements are confusing me it could be the way im reading them. Is this the L shaped box? I'm sorry I'm just really confused this is going to be the first box I've ever made it maybe why I'm lost.

okay so if you go to reaudio.com and enter dimensions(i can tell you the ones) it will show you a picture of what the box looks like in 3D. You just won't pay attention to what the site says for tuning(the calculator I used is much more accurate). Oh, btw the port area per foot is GREAT with the dims I used and it should move some air.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ok. It makes sence now but why is there 4 measurements for the sides and on the angles piece? Why are the sides different? And what is the L and W of the port hole?

Box width-46

Box height-14

Box top depth-4

Box bottom depth-8

Square port width-1.25

Square port length-23.5

That should give you a good picture and show you your cut sheet

*Edit-you might need a trim ring to bring that sub out a little bit, because of the DEPTH of the sub. The motor on those things is pretty huge.

Ok. It makes sence now but why is there 4 measurements for the sides and on the angles piece? Why are the sides different? And what is the L and W of the port hole?

The sides are different because it fits like a puzzle. The way the wood butts together, takes into account the 3/4" thickness of the wood. Does that make sense?

Yea. So the 3rd measurement on the angled pieces are the slope?

Yes, it is. I dont worry about ACTUALLY measuring that side, I just measure out the 3 lines that I KNOW and then take a straight edge and connect the angled line.

Archived