Sonic Electronix

SquareTrade Warranty Question

So I know that Sonic Electronix is not an authorized Alpine Dealer so the manufacturers warrenty is garbage. I'm plaining on buying some Alpine Type-X's from you guys in a couple of weeks or so and I want to buy the SquareTrade warranty with it. My question is does the warranty cover me from day one or would I have to wait until the manufacturers warranty is over for the SquareTrade warranty to come into effect?

So I know that Sonic Electronix is not an authorized Alpine Dealer so the manufacturers warrenty is garbage. I'm plaining on buying some Alpine Type-X's from you guys in a couple of weeks or so and I want to buy the SquareTrade warranty with it. My question is does the warranty cover me from day one or would I have to wait until the manufacturers warranty is over for the SquareTrade warranty to come into effect?

You definitely have to wait till the manufacturers warranty is up. I've dealt with Square Trade recently and they made me call the manufacturer since the warranty was suppose to be in place still. That's a whole other story though. I got scammed by my dealer but Rockford Fosgate was pretty cool and hooked me up pretty swell. Anyways good luck

We are not an authorized dealer with Alpine, but we offer the same services that Alpine would normally offer in a manufacturer's warranty. You get a 1-year Sonic Electronix warranty with most Alpine products we offer. If you purchased a SquareTrade warranty with a product from us, they will probably recommend you get your product serviced through us for the first 90 days after your purchase, and once this period is over the SquareTrade warranty will indeed come into affect.

468x60-forum-banner.jpg
2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 5.3L w/ Brutus 1700W, NVX 4 Chan, L7 Subs, Sony Deck & Alpine Speaks
Sonic Electronix Articles by Harry Donihue --> CLICK

We are not an authorized dealer with Alpine, but we offer the same services that Alpine would normally offer in a manufacturer's warranty. You get a 1-year Sonic Electronix warranty with most Alpine products we offer. If you purchased a SquareTrade warranty with a product from us, they will probably recommend you get your product serviced through us for the first 90 days after your purchase, and once this period is over the SquareTrade warranty will indeed come into affect.

so i bout 2 alpine type r 15s less than a year ago and one of my terminals melted and they are telling me i had 30 days after purchace to return your saying you guys give a 1 year warranty? i dont understand this i just want to get a replacement i just think its crazy that only 1 of the 2 subs had a single terminal melt its literly sideways (still works but smells really hot when i turn it on so i just took everything out of my car)

You will need to log into your account to request an RMA to begin the warranty process. If you don't have your account information, you can call us and we will reset the password for you. Once you request an RMA, you will get an email within 24 hours with further instructions.

I have a feeling the representative you spoke to misunderstood and thought you were trying to return the product for a refund, rather than for a warranty purpose.

Harry D

468x60-forum-banner.jpg
2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 5.3L w/ Brutus 1700W, NVX 4 Chan, L7 Subs, Sony Deck & Alpine Speaks
Sonic Electronix Articles by Harry Donihue --> CLICK