My cousin had a Jeep and the paper on the cones of the speaker got wet then fell apart within 2 years. Anyway if they are all blown you might as well go ahead and fix her up. I'll have to listen to the video with my headphones when I get back to my house and see if I can hear the roof speakers. What kind of amp are you running on your mids/highs? Also what kind of speakers are going in the doors and in the roof?

Keep up the good work,

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

i dont have mids and highs amp'ed up yet sorry, i am going to be running them off jbl 100.4 amps and the speakers im going to run are jbl gto 6..5/6.75's with the tweeters that move so you can change the profile of the sound as well as have a 3 db octave drop im fairly knew at playing with these type of speakers most of my knowledge has been about wireing and subwoofers(which im still new at) thats where I stand though, should be able to get the box in today and atleast hear it play, if im happy with it video to come and sorry i didnt mean to mislead you, you cant actually hear the rear speakers cutting in and out in the video only in person, I dont have a mic that wont distort when inside of the car with the woofers goin.

Its hard to find a mic that wont distort when subs are hitting. The mids/highs ought to sound good running off those JBL amps. I think you should ilke those mid speakers and tweets though especially with how adjustable they are. I would love to get a good EQ in my Tahoe so I could learn how to use a 7-band EQ. Then once I got use to that I might would try to make my way to the 30-band EQ but those seem like overkill in a way. I'm glad the leak is fixed and hope to see the box installed soon. I imagine your quite a bit lighter in the rear end without that air system also. When are we talking about getting those mids/highs in your possession? I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of them if it isn't too much of a problem haha.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the box installed and maybe where the amps are going. Keep up the good work man. :popcorn:

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

in my opinion a 30 ban EQ is stupid overkill your car shouldnt be run like a concert hall lol but i guess to each their own, I see where a 7 band eq could be helpful I guess im just not really into them, I just want some mids and highs that can keep up with my bass levels, so i guess as i upgrade my bass over time in tow will come more powerful/better mids and highs then eventually i might need an eq, for my amps I was thinking of doing like a half wall with the amps frenched in so the wires are hidden and running some tornado 80cfm computer fans to help keep the amps cool, i can pictur my idea in my head but i cant relate it to words very well lol, I got the box in but it was too dark for me to take picture its not pretty and im trying to fix some pretty bad air leaks around the top baffle which i think thanks to my wifes amazing glue skills and her incredible credit card spreader abilitys we got the job done, but HOLY CRAP i knew a bigger cutom box would make a difference in the way my system sounded and played I NEVER would of guess it made THAT big of a difference from how shitty I knew I built the box. mids and highs will probally be some time after july, by july im hopeing to have either a 270A mechman or a 300A DCPower alt replace all my CCA dblink 1/0 with KNUKONCEPTZ 100% OFC 1/0 and have atleast a SX D3400 under my hood, if my voltage is steady after that I will aim at getting the JBL speakers and the amp to run them, thats how things are planned right now, pics of the box and a video should be up tomorrow, around 3-5 central standard time.

as promised links are to videos, shot in my driveway from my phone so im not going full tilt and definatly not the greatest bass songs but they still knock....

http://www.facebook.com/Gooby86#!/photo.php?v=386959008012902&set=vb.100000964175123&type=2&theater

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=386953021346834&set=vb.100000964175123&type=2&theater

564827_386955921346544_100000964175123_1069112_844264708_n.jpg

Mids/highs are never a bad idea but since I'm budgeted I'm saving up to upgrade electrical, then subs/amps, and finally mids/high's and their amps. The Frenched amp rack would look good and give you that clean factor. I have one 35cfm computer fan on my amp rack and really I prolly should have put 2 on there but if you do 2+ of the 80cfm's that amp should have a nice constant breeze.The box looks good though man and the ole' credit card spreader trick always has come in handy for me. Definitively sounds good though and looks like hits pretty hard from the vids. By August I am also hoping to have a 270-300A amp or have a second alt that is less than 200A just to run my system. Also by August I will have Knu 1/0 OFC wire running all my wiring including big 3 and have my sub amp upgraded. Anyway thats the plans. I am right there with you on having to upgrade the Batt under the hood too.

How are the amps mounted now? Just under the back seats?

Great job on the box and on the build so far man. Keep up the good work.

-James

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

the amp is mounted just on the floor in the back seat, its not bolted down (hangs head in shame) but it doesnt slide around or move and i dont drive all crazy anymore so its only going anywhere if I get in a car wreck *knocks on wood* I wound up ripping alot of the carpet out of the rear as it was soaked and just didnt seem to be drying at all so now only carpet back their (for now) is under the box (was the only dry part really) I know all about saving up man, lol ive been pinching my penies to be able to put money away for this build and its slow going but im ok with being patiant i know i can take pride in saying i built it not baught it and even though its not "perfect" this is my first time doing alot of this fabrication stuff so im still happy with my results.

• 9 months later...

Alright its been awhile sence i have had any updates on this thing but its time and i will try and get pics posted up asap, I have a new headunit i decided to go with the kenwood kdc-x896 i love this headunit so far a vast improvement from my 8 year old kenwood, I have redesigned my box for more appropriate air flow i whent from a slot port along the bottom (subs up) to a square port with subs up, I have installed door speakers (pioneer 2 ways) and just purchased a RE Audio xtx 800.4 that I am going to be installing as soon as this winter weather here in minnesota allows me too. I also whent from the stock battery up front to a XS Power D3400 which definatly improved my voltage stability. 856529_504080156300786_404792708_o.jpg563458_502873666421435_183608444_n.jpg

Archived