Setting gains with a HTC EVO and MS-8

I don't use the HU in my system for anything other than "if" I need to play a disk, and for the main power on/off. All of my music played is either from my HTC EVO 4G via 3.5mm plug or a Sansa MP3 player connected to the MS-8's AUX input. I have copied the DD-1 disk and the CC-1 disks to my phone. I tried to see if I could know what the max volume on my phone was by taking a 3.5mm to RCA cable to a Y-splitter into the DD-1 and proceded like I would for a HU...Not enough voltage for a signal in the DD-1. My question is that since the main volume I use for my system is from my MS-8, how would I find the max volume by using the MS-8 in this set up? I have two 4ch amps (RF 551X) and one mono amp (RF501bd). I have one of the 4 ch amps running my 6.5" door speakers with channel 1 and 2 bridged to the left speaker and 3 and 4 to the right. This is where the CC-1 comes in to properly gain match which I haven't done yet. Any suggestions? My HU does not distort at full tilt either FYI....Thanks in advance.

I still can't believe that no one has anything to say...over 100 views and nothing in a week. Maybe someone will eventually contribute something.

you paid all that money on the ms-8 and your running 3.5mm inputs? thats pretty sad. the audio quality isnt very good that way. it would be much better if you used a memory stick or something and plug that into your HU. the output on your phone is going to be very low, like .2v. i guess if you really wanted to find a max volume for the thing, plug the DD1 into the speaker outputs on the MS8. then you can play with the volume on the phone and on the MS8 to find where each one clips. for the amps... thats a little tricky. the ms8 adjusts rca voltage to give you the best sound. so if you tune the ms8, then go messing with the gains, it'll throw off the tuning the ms8 did. well... maybe turn onn all the processing on the ms8 then set the gains on the amp. then retune the ms8. the most it will do is turn the voltage down, not up, so you would be safe.

that answer your question?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

That does answer my question and makes me realize I really need a new HU. I can't play burned cd's on it...that's how old it is. Usb in a car was not in existence when I got this HU....Clarion DXZ535... Thanks.